hurrah for a new low in admin police pettiness

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Postby petewick » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:07 am

bill wrote:My tuppence worth for what it is worth....................

Without Gen Jack's posts this forum would be dead and buried.
No offence towards Malky/Davie P. and the other admins who do a great job to keep it up and running,but without Gen Jack's unique humour on everyday happenings,I for one would be long gone.

LONG LIVE GENERAL JACK

He ai'nt heavy, he's my brother.

No he's not ..............honest he's not.................honestly.

Agree that Jack's contributions are funny and up to speck, but as for the forum dying without his contributions, well, no one is irreplacable.

petewick
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:21 pm

you can please all of the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all of the time, but in general, your all erses!!!

please hold the poll about me gettin my erse kicked, i'd just love to see who would try it, my wife is not allowed to enter, anybody else, c'mon well

there were so many posts since my last that i forget who said wot, but i think it was bobbie who hit the nail on the head, just read my posts, all of it, not just the odd wee bit, i take the piss ooot myself more than i do anyone else, then its one or more of my brothers, then the ones i know by their "real identities" as i know what i can and cannot say to them, then the rest in order of how much contact i've had with them on here, bobbie and bill probably get more than their fair share but seem to be sticking up for me above and beyond the call of duty.

i started this thread because i thought the original premis silly, and because a few other threads were moved, dejavu anyone? i can't say stupid since this word seems to touch a nerve with some, i blame the teachers, educational or bottled, take your pick, don't expect me to provide all your punchlines. maybe i laid it on a bit thick, but it got the topic going so i refuse to take back a single word, never do, never will, "stacey keach?" "you sure?" i never said the admin and mods don't do a good job, i often praise them and don't envy them the task, theres one of snowwhites seven at the door , must be auditioning early for panto?

thanks for scoffing at my own contribution to the forum and that of several others, it's nice to be well thought of, and when you post a contribution that makes me laugh, i'll let you know, not holding my breath, still theres always 2008, a bit like the accrington stanleys of this world thinking they should run the game just because they've always been around since the start, just can't compete at the top level with us MAN UTDS, one of those days i'm going to stop playing at 70% and unleash my full force, once i'm sure everyone has developed their sense of humour that is, oh and driven off a few, never to return, back to writing to points of view and the sunday post, or the courier and witholding their name, we all know the type!!!!

since we are to be treated like children, i will treat others as such, now do you need to go? cos we're not stopping!!!!
general jack o'niell

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:37 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:i started this thread because i thought the original premis silly, and because a few other threads were moved, dejavu anyone? i can't say stupid since this word seems to touch a nerve with some, i blame the teachers, educational or bottled, take your pick, don't expect me to provide all your punchlines. maybe i laid it on a bit thick, but it got the topic going so i refuse to take back a single word, never do, never will, "stacey keach?" "you sure?"

Eh General, can we naw give it a rest noo? :shock: :shock: :shock: Once again, there were reasons for actions on Friday - nothing any of us to justify to anyone. I chose to identify myself early on with the forum to be up front with people - in hindsight a major mistake but that's life.

general jack o'niell wrote:since we are to be treated like children, i will treat others as such, now do you need to go? cos we're not stopping!!!!

and again......
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:57 pm

i did give it a rest, my last post was in reply to following posts, why do you get the idea that my comments are directed at you? if i have a comment to make about you i will address you directly, do i not have right of reply? is my character allowed to be questioned without me replying? i don't think so, i regret that i resorted to the most basic of postings on another thread recently but the content offended me so much that had the same thing been said to me in a pub or in public i would have done more than comment, but surprise surprise that poster has so far escaped rebuke. i can't help being honest and heartfelt in all i post, that is my character, straight talking, no bullsh!t, i agree it may rub some up the wrong way but i do try to bring some self deprecating levity to my posts to offset this, that is also a big slice of my character, i'd rather make myself the butt of a joke than another, a sign of a bigger person, and i don't mean size, i'm big boned and thick skinned, i take that from my fraternal grandfather who was well known for being immune to midges. skin like an elephants erse!!!

my last comment was directed to the child in all of us who always needs to do something at the last minute, like "go" as in urinate, if you chose to read another interpretation into the phrase, please don't hold me responsible (you think he bought it?) thats what you call a joke, or rather what i call a joke, apparently there are some that call it a threat, though that might be a sign of a thin skin, lack of sense of humour or a variety of paranoia, i don't get the feeling that anyone is "out to get me" tho some other posters do!!! why i do not know.

maybe i should have settled for saying that the blocking of the harry potter thread and the reason given was as ridicoulous as the old tradition of the saturday night newsreader saying "and if you don't want to know the football results, look away now!!!" i said my piece on the subject in my first post, all my following posts were my right of reply to others who included me in their post either by name or inferrence, that's bound to send a few searching for the dictionary, it comes after incontinent and before infertile, well thumbed entries for some i suspect.
general jack o'niell

Postby Malky » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:08 pm

general jack o'niell wrote: but surprise surprise that poster has so far escaped rebuke.

That's sorted now General as someone let me know about it.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:12 pm

thank you
general jack o'niell

Postby bill » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:16 pm

Now that was'nt so hard to do 8)

Allways nice when boys shake and make up :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby big tony » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:13 pm

yes it is, just such a pity that malky is going around banning everyone left left and left, like a banning machine, he must have been bullied in school, now this is his revenge!!!

cheerio bill, nice knowing you, look me up next time your in town

GJO
big tony
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:03 pm

I'll certainly be looking out for you Tony/Jack/Morris/Roy :lol: to shake your hand and introduce myself,I'd even buy you a pint but I know you do'nt .
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby big tony » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:18 pm

for you i'd make an exception

you couldn't make it up, the general has been sent a private message but they won't let him log in to read it, never thought that thru i think?
big tony
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Trapper » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:58 am

but then she gets my sense of humour, just a pity it doesn't travel well sometimes.

Maybe that's cos it's pap!
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:37 am

surprise surprise, didn't take long, thats why the stargate is invites only, no forum philosephers allowed

pap:-"tasty, juicy and nutricious"
general jack o'niell

Postby Machrihanish » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:30 pm

damn...looks like I missed a lot these last few weeks !
Will have to do some speed reading to catch up I suppose.

Just to add my two penneth worth... I mostly read the forum for the crack. the General and a few others always make good reading but then I missed the sense of humour bypass the last time the bus came around here :)
Machrihanish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Current Affairs