Sex in the Farmyard

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Postby bill » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:36 pm

VETS must mention the unmentionable, and confront the issue of people who sexually abuse animals. The call comes from Helen Munro of the Royal School of Veterinary Studies in Edinburgh, UK, in a commentary published in the September issue of The Veterinary Journal (vol 172, p 195).

"The impression is that many continue to think of bestiality as a farmyard activity involving animals sufficiently large enough not to be injured, and therefore not much to worry about," she writes. "It seems that even in these modern times, the sexual abuse of animals is almost a last taboo, even to the veterinary profession."

“Far from being harmless, sexual abuse is a serious issue in animal welfare”Far from being a harmless, or even humorous activity, sexual abuse is a serious issue in animal welfare. Munro highlights a case report in the same journal of a man who used a bottle to cause horrendous, and fatal, vaginal and anal injuries to five calves. The perpetrator is undergoing psychiatric and psychological tests to decide whether he is punishable by law, researchers report (p 374).

Munro goes further and poses the broader question of whether animals "trained" to passively accept human sexual contact are still harmed even if they show no signs of physical damage. She also cites evidence that people who abuse animals often also abuse children or elderly people. "Veterinarians may wish to ponder on this," she says.

The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, London, says it urges vets who suspect abuse to report it, "even if this may mean breaking client confidentiality".

Andrew Rowan of the US Humane Society agrees that vets should be more vigilant, and that a legal requirement to report abuse would help. The only complication, he adds, is that abusive owners might avoid taking animals they injure for treatment, or even kill them to avoid discovery.

It's great the articles you read in magazines in the dentist's waiting room :lol:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:50 pm

sorry, took one look at the length of that post and decided life was too short

so instead i'm going to sit and think up a sentence with the words black, pot and kettle in it
general jack o'niell

Postby petewick » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:29 am

bill wrote:VETS must mention the unmentionable, and confront the issue of people who sexually abuse animals. The call comes from Helen Munro of the Royal School of Veterinary Studies in Edinburgh, UK, in a commentary published in the September issue of The Veterinary Journal (vol 172, p 195).

"The impression is that many continue to think of bestiality as a farmyard activity involving animals sufficiently large enough not to be injured, and therefore not much to worry about," she writes. "It seems that even in these modern times, the sexual abuse of animals is almost a last taboo, even to the veterinary profession."

“Far from being harmless, sexual abuse is a serious issue in animal welfare”Far from being a harmless, or even humorous activity, sexual abuse is a serious issue in animal welfare. Munro highlights a case report in the same journal of a man who used a bottle to cause horrendous, and fatal, vaginal and anal injuries to five calves. The perpetrator is undergoing psychiatric and psychological tests to decide whether he is punishable by law, researchers report (p 374).

Munro goes further and poses the broader question of whether animals "trained" to passively accept human sexual contact are still harmed even if they show no signs of physical damage. She also cites evidence that people who abuse animals often also abuse children or elderly people. "Veterinarians may wish to ponder on this," she says.

The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, London, says it urges vets who suspect abuse to report it, "even if this may mean breaking client confidentiality".

Andrew Rowan of the US Humane Society agrees that vets should be more vigilant, and that a legal requirement to report abuse would help. The only complication, he adds, is that abusive owners might avoid taking animals they injure for treatment, or even kill them to avoid discovery.

It's great the articles you read in magazines in the dentist's waiting room :lol:

Glad we don't have the same dentist, bill.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:36 pm

having seen the contents of both gobs i assumed you had
general jack o'niell

Postby petewick » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:12 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:having seen the contents of both gobs i assumed you had

Having seen the contents of your gob jack, I assume your dentist is also a
practising proctologist.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:07 pm

Just looked up the meaning of proctologist :shock:

I'm saying nothing :roll: :lol:
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pete Reek » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:17 pm

The man that wuz winchin wae you know hoot in the fermers field tellt his mate that he had a new girlfriend.

He kwizzed um aboot it, an when he let slip her identity, the mate sedd that he wud be better off withoot hur as she wuz jeest a cow!!

Naithin lake lettin um doon gently eh?
Pete Reek

Postby bill » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:30 pm

Is Pete morphing into the missing Auld Pop ??
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pete Reek » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:14 pm

Aw heh cmon now William.

Therrs sum things yi jeest dont even joke aboot. Bleeuurrgh
Pete Reek

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:49 pm

yer arse
general jack o'niell

Postby Pete Reek » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:04 pm

Yur ain arse---an parsley, decorated wi leeks.
Pete Reek

Postby bill » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:52 pm

Where is Auld Pop?

Interfering wi' the sheep?
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pete Reek » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:23 pm

Merr than lakely, but he did make oot wan time that sheep wur baaaaaad for yi.
Pete Reek

Re: Sex in the Farmyard

Postby EMDEE » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:13 am

Hey, McLeod get off o' ma ewe:

http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/article ... id=8934351

It reminds me of the story about the old shepherd who was retiring, and he had remained a bachelor all his life. When asked why he had never married he replied: "Och well, a woman's OK, but there's nothing like the real thing". :shock: :shock: :oops:
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Sex in the Farmyard

Postby westport321 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:13 am

read about a man in wisconsin who was charged with having his way with a road killed deer, dear oh dear!
Head Scientist, Dept of Mad Scientists
westport321
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs