The 10 Commandments

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

The 10 Commandments

Postby Charlie » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:55 pm

How many have you broken?
Charlie
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:16 pm

Eleven :lol:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:16 pm

7, i've never stolen anything, coveted my neighbours wife or killed anyone, but the last one has been touch and go a couple of times, think when i'm ready for the off, i'll steal my neighbours wife and batter someone to death with her leg, just hope i have a neighbour with a wife by then.

i've never covetted my neighbours wife but i did lay her laminate flooring, does that count?
general jack o'niell

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:43 pm

I take it in modern language 'covet' would equate to 'fancy'?

Seems a bit of a poor commandment if you ask me, probably thought up at the end of the day after God caught someone looking over his fence at Mrs God sunbathing?
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Machrihanish » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:47 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:7, i've never stolen anything, coveted my neighbours wife or killed anyone, but the last one has been touch and go a couple of times, think when i'm ready for the off, i'll steal my neighbours wife and batter someone to death with her leg, just hope i have a neighbour with a wife by then.

i've never covetted my neighbours wife but i did lay her laminate flooring, does that count?

the one that worries me is if anybody is guilty of coveting their neighbours ox or donkey :)

Oh and I think you will find there are over 60 commandments, one I like is:
"If men quarrel and one hits the other with a stone or with his fist and he does not die but is confined to bed, the one who struck the blow will not be held responsible if the other gets up and walks around outside with his staff; however, he must pay the injured man for the loss of his time and see that he is completely healed. "
:):)

Good news for ET tho' as another states: Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him :)
Machrihanish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Machrihanish » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:57 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:my bad, i thought you were relating a personal experience to us

Well I'm glad we got that sorted and no I don't have any designs on either the ox or the donkey :) best left to the denizens of the other kind of forum that I hear is out there :?:
Machrihanish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby daftdog » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:18 pm

Bobbie En Tejas wrote:good thing it doesn't say "thy neighbor's sheep."

That's an Aberdonian Commandment :lol:
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: The 10 Commandments

Postby jfine » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:47 pm

Charlie wrote:How many have you broken?

I never have the list on me to read before I break any. The few I do remember seems like I may have broken, depending on who is translating said commandment :P
jfine
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:44 pm

there is only one

"thou shalt not go off thread"

sorry two

"thou shalt not call general jack an @rsehole, just because your annoyed with his rant for today"
general jack o'niell

Return to Current Affairs