biggest rant in years

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

biggest rant in years

Postby Hadrians hiring! » Sun May 13, 2007 10:27 pm

Jings - anybody seen John Sweeney's rant wae the Scientologists?

Hooruva funny and the biggest case of somebody losin the rag I have had the pleasure of seeing in years :shock:
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
Hadrians hiring!
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby peenkles21 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:24 am

where is it?
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Hadrians hiring! » Mon May 14, 2007 12:54 am

Saw it on news bbc I think, but the scientologists are meant to have put it on youtube
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
Hadrians hiring!
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Mon May 14, 2007 8:30 am

Unfortunately his reaction doesn't do his case much good :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA5VsSF6FZA&NR=1

Great piece of advertising for Panorama tho'
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Mon May 14, 2007 11:23 am

YIKES
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon May 14, 2007 11:58 am

i was always told, when you raise your voice, you lose the arguement, saying that, i'd like to see BBC reporters lose it more often, especially with sanctimonious politicians that can never answer a straight question. during the election nicol steven spouted the same thing over and over and over again, like wise wee jack and any other labour mouhpiece, refusing to answer questions and going off on daft tangents to spout nonsense about what hey'd do once in office, the fact that most of it was already taking place re education and health etc didn't stop them from avoiding the issue. we know they all do it and did it but hese two were the worst, i'd like to have seen andrew marr lose it with one of them.

well done john sweeney, now do the same to all the other cults, like COE, COS, and the vatican, oh and don't forget the koran paraphrasers, they all need a good verbal doing!!!!
general jack o'niell

Postby peenkles21 » Mon May 14, 2007 10:17 pm

Did anyone catch all of the panorama program tonight? Just seen the end of it, seem scientology has got dirt on everyone!
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby gizmo » Mon May 14, 2007 11:05 pm

Seem to be a lot of them in Clearwater Florida.... Strange b*ggers out that way :roll:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Mon May 14, 2007 11:29 pm

Thought the Panorama episode was quite poor and lightweight to be honest. It could have been at least double the amount of time, and felt it only really scratched the surface. Seemed to be more about the fact that Scientology don't like being investigated, and will go to any lengths to protect themselves.

Personally I was hoping that they'd tell you more about why they are so 'sinister' - there wasn't any real hard evidence that they are a 'brainwashing cult' even although most people suspect they are.

One thing is - they're very clever to have gotten away with if for this long. Me thinks this is a case for one Michael Moore - now that I would watch :-)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sweltered » Tue May 15, 2007 12:33 am

They are very dangerous. I was lucky enough to get a tour of the Flagship facility in Clearwater. They gave me hundreds of $'s worth of dvd's and books. How anyone falls for it I don't know.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue May 15, 2007 6:51 am

Scientology square go Sweeney - shout swear scream space
A callous cult a caper Christ- religion fails to cut the ice
slick man in expensive suit - rent a mouth in bubble gum chew
follow stalk intimidate - scientology henchman at your gate
dare to stand to say a word- the god mob will beat you up
science fiction a whole new twist volcanoes bombs men from mars
film star a Hollywood queen- mumbo jumbo jumbo mumbo.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue May 15, 2007 12:55 pm

i agree, the prog. wasn't nearly long enough and therefor skimped on the information about the two main interviewees that john sweeney spoke to, it was like a match report in a sunday paper, spending 95% or the time going in to great detail about one part of events than cramming everything else into the last paragraph, or in this case the last two minutes if the show. it could have done with being at least two hours long, besides i hate jeremy vine his voice annoys me!!!

i think the micheal moore fan is a bit wide of the mark, mr moore is a lightweight who only goes after easy targets he knows won't fight back, that english guy, wotsisname? mark something? now he would have done a better job, and the protest outside the london HQ? he really would have organised that!!!!

or me!!!! doesn't need to be scientology, i'd love to take the piss out of all and any religion, or would be religion
general jack o'niell

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Tue May 15, 2007 5:37 pm

mr moore is a lightweight who only goes after easy targets he knows won't fight back

Yeah right Gen Jack - easy targets like the NRA!!

I think you're talking about Mark Thomas - who again is an exceptionally clever individual - would love to see him taking them on as well :-)

Would like to see it have just been on Scientology and what they do - take the reporter's persona out of it, have him or her voiced over by someone else. Then release another documentary about the difficulties in making the first one!
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Tue May 15, 2007 6:25 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote: Yeah right Gen Jack - easy targets like the NRA!!

Yeah, and the other easy targets like General Motors and the Bush administration and now going to go after the health industry in America by taking ailing World Trade Center rescuers to cuba in an expose about the American health system (for which he is being investigated by the US government for possible violations of the US trade embargo).

Personally I think he is rude and obnoxious, but I think he has given a lot of food for thought, and I don't see where he has been sued for liable.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed May 16, 2007 2:14 pm

mark thomas thats the man!!!

my comments about micheal moore? if you watch any of his stuff, you'll find he always pulls out before the crunch, his mocking is always done in a voice over, face to face he aint so hot. kind of like a bully coming up to you and asking "what did you say?" you saying "nothing!" then muttering "wanker" under your breath when he walks away. thats micheal moores style.

nobody remembers what he said about the NRA all they remember is charlton hestons "from my cold dead hand" speech. his antics are closer to jeremy beadle than to any serious investigative journalist, and thats a big word for me!!!
general jack o'niell

Next

Return to Current Affairs