Missing Toddler in Portugal

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:45 pm

You've got to ask questions about the Portuguese Police! For them to turn round 3 months after the event and say "oh, by the way, we've now found blood on the walls" seems to be a bit of a shambles if you ask me. Not that we have the best police force in the world, but I'm sure even PC Murdoch fae Oor Wullie would have found blood on the walls of (currently) the most famous crime scene in Europe. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Also hard to fathom out why, if she's a suspect he isn't? Put it this way - you and your partner are on holiday with 3 kids under the age of 4. You're in a strange place, and you somehome manage to murder your 3 year old daughter, and dispose of the body without your partner knowing anything about it, and also somewhere that a huge manhunt could not discover???? I can't imagine that this is something you would/could do on your own, without your spouse knowing. If he's not a suspect, I don't think she should be, and if she's a suspect then he should be, if you catch my drift.

I might be being incredibly naive here (obviously having never been in the situation myslef) but I think a parent would know if their partner had murdered their child. So, stating the bleeding obvious, she's either guilty and the world's best actress or innocent and justifiably distraught at being named a suspect.

The more I think of it, if she had done it, they would have uncovered something long before now, but only time will tell.

All this just when you thought it was dying down as well!

All definitely a bit strange :? :? :?
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:55 pm

Sheik ol' boy! Good to see you!

At this point from what I've heard, the police are pretty inept there, but have the couple by any chance agreed to a polygraph by a british expert? Have the portugese police allowed british crime experts to help investigate?
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:08 pm

Thanks Bobbie - good to be back :wink:

The Portuguese have had some help from the UK Police more recently, and it appears the UK forensic labs have started analysing things in the last few weeks.

As I say, we'll just need to wait and see what happens.
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Can't possibly believe that the parents are involved,would be gobsmacked if they are.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:05 am

Think I'm with you on that one Bill - this might be another case of a Police Force being under incredible pressure to convict due to media attention. The logistics for them to have done this, cover it up, appear plausible, get their to lie on their behalf, etc - doesn't seem feasible.

However I don't particularly believe their version of events of the night, i.e. they left the kids at 7:30 then checked back on them at (something like) 9:05, then at 9:15, then at 10:00 when she had disappeared. Seems strange to leave them for 90 minutes on their own, and then to have checked them 3 times in 55 minutes? But think this more a case of them trying to cover up the fact that they left them for so long.

Not sure the next bit is 100% accurate, but the gist is there. Anyway it was a one of the friends who checked them at 9:15 so sometime between 9:15 and 10pm Kate McCann has sneaked away, murdered her daughter, removed the body, cleaned up the crime scene, dumped the body somewhere hundreds of people couldn't find it, and then returned to phone the police? Seems unlikely. :?: :?: :shock: :shock:

But stranger things have happened. :?
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:16 am

do you think a 4 year old in a strange new place with daylight outside would have been sound asleep at 7:30 no problem? I don't know.. It is horrible to think they did it, but somebody did something unless she walked out. Maybe it will be like little Jon Benet. Her parents were alwalys suspected. The mother has since died, the father has remarried, everyone has gone on. But somebody did it.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby petewick » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:36 am

Sorry I thought that Mrs McCann had became a voluntary suspect, that's the way it came across onn ITV news the other night.
In similar cases in this country and the US, it's usually the male parent who'se dragged in first for interrogation, that's why I'm a bit puzzled here.
There are suggestions that Maddie may have been accidently overdosed, if this is true, what the fk have they done with the body?
I know that parents can accidently cause the deaths of their children, but to conceal it and dispose of the body is truly monstrous.
Last edited by petewick on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:38 am

It is all wild speculation,maybe we will never know what happened.Truly it is every parents nightmare.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Machrihanish » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:01 am

bill wrote:It is all wild speculation,maybe we will never know what happened.Truly it is every parents nightmare.

Aye Bill, lots of speculation from the start but it would be good to get to the bottom of this. Shame the police are not allowed to use drugs or 'other' tactics to get the truth out of suspects !!
For the sake of that poor wee soul and the rest of the family I sincerely hope the truth comes out :(
Machrihanish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bill » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:50 am

I see on the news that the McCanns have arrived back home..................finally.

Is this the start of the case slipping from the mediaand into obscurity, only to be resurrected whenever another child goes missing?

I sincerely hope the McCanns can have closure,one way or the other.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:45 pm

Did anyone else notice that Mr McCann mentioned that he sedated his kids on the night in question, so they could go out without worrying about the kids wandering about... Is this a normal practice, I always thought the comments about putting a wee nip into the bottles was a joke... Questions need asking about their childcare however this turns out, you can bet your last pound the social services would be all over them if they were not professionals.... :?
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sweltered » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:12 am

I find it astonishing that he is appalled that they can't use the money raised to pay for their legal fees!!!
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:41 am

wow, didn't hear that. I'm sure everyone else would agree that the money would be better spent on investigators and unbiased people who will get to the truth of the matter.

It was hard watching them walk into the house where they lived with their daughter without her. That would be too horrible to bear.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:55 pm

don't know about anyone else but if there was a surgeon and a doctor's wages coming into my hoose i'd think i was bloody well off, the local polis just didn't know how to handle mrs mcgann, its the first english tourist they've had to deal with that hadn't a union jack tattooed across their foreheid.

i've been to that part of the country often enough to know thats the only type of english visitor they get!!! scottish families, irish, welsh, french, german and scandanavian families, but the english? no necked, beer swilling tattoed, brainless oafs, no wonder they didn't know how to treat her? ok so not all english visitors are like that, there are decent ones, but they are all pensioners, funny thing is the freaks are all arsenal and chelsea fans

has anyone else managed to convince themselves that they know his brother from somewhere? or is it just me?
general jack o'niell

Postby MacDuff » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:52 pm

Yep, he does look familiar. I've been asking myself where have I seen him before? Does he not look a bit like the fellow who used to manage Creation Records and possibly Oasis, Alan McGee?

I'm not at all sure about Mrs. You wonder if she's suffering from something like Munchousen by Proxy. If she/they have done it, albeit accidently, their lives won't be worth living.

I mean, launching a global appeal and visiting the Pope. Knifes are being sharpened.
MacDuff
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs