George Galloway

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: George Galloway

Postby Tom B » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:21 am

Govangirl wrote:Well, I seem to be the only one who is shocked at the lovefest on here for Gorgeous George! Yes, the man has charisma, he is a great orator and he certainly has conviction. BUT this is a man who was kicked out of his previous constituencies for doing nothing. This is a man who was rejected by Scottish constituencies and who at one point lost his deposit there recently. This is a man who has a history of ignoring human rights abuses, i.e. Assad. This is a man who rejoices over the clerical regime in Teheran yet heaps scorn on Israel for its actions.
Don’t you just love the lazy electorate in this country who don’t even try to find out what a candidate and their party actually stands for?
You can’t blame the folk of Bradford voting for change but they’re not going to get it in Galloway who will spend all his time spouting off about dictators and Islamic fundamentalists. The best thing about this is that he has stirred the Westminster Clan, I’ll give you that, but seriously, who would vote for any of these politicians now? The blame lies with the three main weak parties, LibLabCon, for creating a situation in which GG (oh no!) is seen as a serious alternative. I’m glad he’s p***ing them off at the moment but he’s not a solution to this bunch of shysters that’s for sure!

GG - maybe I am the lazy electorate, however, the things I like about George Galloway include: -

- He went to Washington and highlighted to the US politicians that they don't run the world and don't know everything.
- He also appears to have been against the war from the start on principle and seems to have stuck to that
- He doesn't toe the party line and go along with the whip.

Even as a lazy electorate I have picked up that Labour & Conservative Governments have done little about human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia and Zimbabwe to name just two of many - but where would you start - I don't know either.

Also in terms of doing little for constituents, my experience of writing to my MP or MSP - which I have contacted about various issues over the past 20 years (saddo that I am) is: -

1. Write to your MP / MSP with problem
2. You get a letter back saying - I've contacted the relevant department I'll let you know when I get a response
3. You get a covering letter saying "Here, look what I've done" back from your MP/MSP along with the unhelpful letter from the relevant department explaining why the issue is so, and why it needs to be so - ususually in patronising terms.
4. Don't most politicians get kicked out by their constituents eventually?!
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:26 pm

Totally agree with GG and Gizmos posts.Excellent orator he may be.I feel that there is a dark side to this individual which he hides by displaying what I feel is arrogance to anyone who interviews him.Should you back a man with a somewhat shady background?That is for the individual to decide.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:56 pm

I think we can safely say that curry is the main dish on the menu in Bradford

I bet George Galloway is regretting acting like a cat now
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Tom, there is nothing in your post with which I disagree. Galloway's luck lies in the fact that we can't depend on the Coalition Chuckle Brothers or Milliband's 'Who is it we should be representing again?' Party. The whole lot are a circus, a bluddy circus, and we lot lie down and take it all. Yes, there are elements I admire in GG and yes, he was right to oppose an illegal war but does that make you trust him? Still, I believe that Bradford casted a protest vote for someone who at least would do little harm but the main argument here is that none of the political parties are fit for purpose.

II reiterate that I like anyone who can get under the skin of the establishment but me? I'll stick to Mr Livingstone, thank you.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Ken or Doctor?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Ken. I presume.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:10 am

gizmo wrote:Ken. I presume.

:lol: Clever.

I see our George is in trouble already when he tweeted of his big win in Blackburn!!!!!!!!! :lol: Twit and a half.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 am

Sums him up and shows what a shallow piece of work he really is.Interesting that earlier posters spoke of him as a great orator.So was that well known painter and decorator Mr.Hitler.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:06 am

Roger,well said,Govan girl you are correct he is the ultimate carpetbagger.I suggest the rest of you do a little research into this odious fellow,and look beneath the surface of his undeniable oratory skills.He has much too answer for,and has proved adept at dodging justice so far.We all despise the political class of present but Galloway is not the answer,as his new constituents will undoubtedly discover,just as his old ones did. Perhaps he should consider a move to Pakistan where shifty,lying backhander loving politicians are regularly voted into office by those who are unfortunate to have to live there.(sounds a bit like the UK that last bit)Ah well there you go.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:05 pm

What a stupid,stupid man.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:14 pm

How about we just extradite Julian Assange while he's asleep? Then lets see if he thinks a sleeping person can give consent.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:13 pm

The guys a tit.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:45 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:The guys a tit.

who,george or julie
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:10 pm

And once again the man shows what a total d***head he is!!! :twisted:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:35 pm

Tom B wrote:
Govangirl wrote:Well, I seem to be the only one who is shocked at the lovefest on here for Gorgeous George! Yes, the man has charisma, he is a great orator and he certainly has conviction. BUT this is a man who was kicked out of his previous constituencies for doing nothing. This is a man who was rejected by Scottish constituencies and who at one point lost his deposit there recently. This is a man who has a history of ignoring human rights abuses, i.e. Assad. This is a man who rejoices over the clerical regime in Teheran yet heaps scorn on Israel for its actions.
Don’t you just love the lazy electorate in this country who don’t even try to find out what a candidate and their party actually stands for?
You can’t blame the folk of Bradford voting for change but they’re not going to get it in Galloway who will spend all his time spouting off about dictators and Islamic fundamentalists. The best thing about this is that he has stirred the Westminster Clan, I’ll give you that, but seriously, who would vote for any of these politicians now? The blame lies with the three main weak parties, LibLabCon, for creating a situation in which GG (oh no!) is seen as a serious alternative. I’m glad he’s p***ing them off at the moment but he’s not a solution to this bunch of shysters that’s for sure!

GG - maybe I am the lazy electorate, however, the things I like about George Galloway include: -

- He went to Washington and highlighted to the US politicians that they don't run the world and don't know everything.
- He also appears to have been against the war from the start on principle and seems to have stuck to that
- He doesn't toe the party line and go along with the whip.

Even as a lazy electorate I have picked up that Labour & Conservative Governments have done little about human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia and Zimbabwe to name just two of many - but where would you start - I don't know either.

Also in terms of doing little for constituents, my experience of writing to my MP or MSP - which I have contacted about various issues over the past 20 years (saddo that I am) is: -

1. Write to your MP / MSP with problem
2. You get a letter back saying - I've contacted the relevant department I'll let you know when I get a response
3. You get a covering letter saying "Here, look what I've done" back from your MP/MSP along with the unhelpful letter from the relevant department explaining why the issue is so, and why it needs to be so - ususually in patronising terms.
4. Don't most politicians get kicked out by their constituents eventually?!

George and his ilk love people like you,kept him in well paid work for years,not to mention a pension.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs