Poles

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Postby Christian » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:41 pm

Over here, most work in agriculture. I've worked on a farm with Poles, and must say I didn't like it much. Mostly because these guys work so fast, I couldn't keep up, even though I was working fast.
~The Flying Dutchman~
Christian
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby daftdog » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:34 pm

There are loads of Polish workers in Cardiff. I think there was at least one in every pub and shop i went into over the three days i was there.

There was even one shop that every member of staff was a pole ( this might be because it was a polish shop selling everything polish...lol.) but it was bouncing with customers and the staff all spoke decent english and if they didnt understand what you were saying they were polite and asked a college to help.

They also know how to party as well, which i think is great... better than all thoughs Aussies working al over the place and not spending their wages here and moaning about how crap this country is.. The poles i have spoken to here in Greenock, Paisley and Cardiff are all glad to be here, glad to be earning and glad to be intergrating into the community.
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Current Affairs