EU and Euro, what do you think?

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Postby Christian » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:06 pm

I bet that when the British governement ever descides to go with the Euro, you'll be awake! Especially when paying your bills!

Oja, Dutch talk might be boring sometimes!
~The Flying Dutchman~
Christian
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby The Hitman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:51 pm

I think you'll finds you mean IF not WHEN. Can't see it happening myself, if you are following sheep at the end then you have no idea where your going. If its not broken, dont fix it. LONG LIVE THE POUND!
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Christian » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:54 pm

The Hitman wrote:I think you'll finds you mean IF not WHEN. Can't see it happening myself, if you are following sheep at the end then you have no idea where your going. If its not broken, dont fix it. LONG LIVE THE POUND!

Yeah, sorry, English is not my mother tongue. There was nothing wrong with our guilders, and still they changed it. Stupid IMHO
~The Flying Dutchman~
Christian
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: EU and Euro, what do you think?

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:20 pm

[quote="Christian"[/quote]

Hoi, leuk om nog meer Nederlanders hier te zien!

Well, it's true prices have increased a lot! You are very lucky with with your Wodka Cola. Many prices have increased much more. Shopowners have indeed increased prices a lot. The governement is to blame I think. First they introduced the bloody Euro, and then they didn't punish shopowners who increased prices!

The horeca(restaurants, pubs etc) have had a decrease of 15%(I believe)of customers, because they increased prices enormously.

The Aldi and Lidl have had a huge increase of customers, because they do have low prices.[/quote]

Christian

I am actually Scottish living in the NL. The vodka cola example was only an example of the rise in one day - since then god knows what the rise has been. I was meaning that overnight prices increased by over 10% because the shopkeepers decided they could get away with it and they did. So it is no wonder that shops, bars etc are losing customers.

Regarding the forthcoming elections will the EU really be that deciding a factor - think there is far more important issues like immigration, employment, healthcare etc which are not all dependant on the EU but on policies set up by the Dutch government. If the Dutch people are stupid enough to vote Harry Potter and Verdonk back into power then they should accept the consequences of their actions.
If, after all, men cannot always make history have meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby The Hitman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:58 pm

What does everyone think about the price of cheese these days? :lol:
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

cheese

Postby the ringmaster » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:02 pm

Far to pricey im taking out a bank loan just to feed my habit for cheddar
the ringmaster
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: EU and Euro, what do you think?

Postby Christian » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:28 pm

Wee Toon Ajax wrote:[quote="Christian"

Hoi, leuk om nog meer Nederlanders hier te zien!

Well, it's true prices have increased a lot! You are very lucky with with your Wodka Cola. Many prices have increased much more. Shopowners have indeed increased prices a lot. The governement is to blame I think. First they introduced the bloody Euro, and then they didn't punish shopowners who increased prices!

The horeca(restaurants, pubs etc) have had a decrease of 15%(I believe)of customers, because they increased prices enormously.

The Aldi and Lidl have had a huge increase of customers, because they do have low prices.[/quote]

Christian

I am actually Scottish living in the NL. The vodka cola example was only an example of the rise in one day - since then god knows what the rise has been. I was meaning that overnight prices increased by over 10% because the shopkeepers decided they could get away with it and they did. So it is no wonder that shops, bars etc are losing customers.

Regarding the forthcoming elections will the EU really be that deciding a factor - think there is far more important issues like immigration, employment, healthcare etc which are not all dependant on the EU but on policies set up by the Dutch government. If the Dutch people are stupid enough to vote Harry Potter and Verdonk back into power then they should accept the consequences of their actions.[/quote]

Minister Verdonk is indeed being hated because of her very strict policy, on the other hand, many people love her for it. The governement we have now, is often said to clean up the dirt which previous(left) governements have left. The (Dutch) society has hardened a lot since the terrorist attacks on NY, Madrid and London, the assasination of Pim Fortuyn and Theo van Gogh. The fact that 1 million(1/16) of the Dutch is muslim. People find that scary, and therefore, they love Mvr. Verdonk, because she solves problems with immigrants the hard way. The difference between left and right parties have became bigger.

As long as the Partij voor de dieren(Party for animals) and the PNVD(pedo-party) don't get any seats in the 2e kamer, it's OK with me.
~The Flying Dutchman~
Christian
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Previous

Return to Current Affairs