STOLEN-2xTechnics turntables & records

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

STOLEN-2xTechnics turntables & records

Postby alzoni » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:02 pm

Dear All,

On Sunday July 16th i had 2 x Technics turntables in metal flight cases along with about 70 12 " records taken from a gazeeboo in dunes at Clochkiel Farm next to the airbase. The previous night a young chap who said to a mate he was from Campeltown was caught trying to head off with some of my records so i was hoping that if any of the good people of Kintyre/Campeltown hear anything about these stolen items surfacing they could contact me on this forum. The records were collcted over a period of 15 yrs and many are now deleted and therefore unavailable. As such a generous offer leading to recovery is offered.

Thanks in anticipation,
Al[/b]
alzoni
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ross » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:58 pm

would that be the same dj that was at the party at middle beach that has now caused the access to the beach to be locked, you wont get any sympathy off me, the thoughtless actions of all envolved with this party(for which the farmer was not asked permission for) have now lost the local population and tourists to Kintyre vehicular access to one of the best beaches in the area.
Last edited by Ross on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

the facts

Postby alzoni » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:59 pm

The truth is that when we arrived we expressly went to visit the farmer at Clochkiel Farm and asked his permission. He said no bother but with the condition that there was no access after 10.30pm.

If you are a local you will be aware that over the last 5-6 years the farmer has locked the gate for periods following busy times where there have been numerous cars passng his brother's house situated at the gate. The weekend past was probabaly the busiest "beach" day of the season due to the particularly good weather and public holidays. I don't blame him if he gets annoyed at all the disturbance that comes with being located next to the track down to the beach as i think i would too.

Furthermore, our group had nothing to do with Boardwise.

Best to get your facts right before ranting.
I had 2 xTechnics turntables in metal flightcases along with 70 12" records stolen from Clochkeil Farm beach Macrahanish on Sunday 16th July from a Gazeebo. Any info leading to recovery will be generously rewarded.
alzoni
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Neco » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:29 pm

I wonder if it was the same person who stole my jacket.
Neco
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Martin » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:15 pm

Last edited by Martin on Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ross » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:43 pm

Its unfurtuanate that everyone gets tarred with the same brush but thats what happens when tempers run high after such events i only mentioned boardwise as their name had been mentioned to us in connection with a party and a banner with their name was seen on a marque, the fact still remains that access for now has again been lost to the beach whoever's fault it was
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby KT » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:30 pm

Hmmm I reckon no one group of people can be blamed for the loss of access as there were loads of people camping up and down the beach and a large amount of day trippers up and down the road all day beacuse of the weather and holiday weekend - the farmer is obviously keen to show his authority for a while.... I reckon it'll all calm down and access will be granted again soon... I'm not sure party noise was to blame as I didn't hear much from further up the beach....
KT
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ross » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:11 pm

Just to clear things up...have been in contact with Boardwise in Glasgow and they say that neither they or the Edinburgh shop were involved with the party at the weekend. Looks like who ever is to blame will get away with it again, come down trash the place and slide away again, if only people would pay a bit more respect for a place when they visited it, now that ive calmed down a bit i can neither condone the thefts that took place either.
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby gers#1fan » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:05 am

omg! :o :shock: me and my mate where at the beach on Tuesday past! He was digging a hole in the sand and pulled up a silver case. The catch was full of sand and took some time to get it off but when we finally got it open.....inside was a tecnics turntable!! The wires where full of sand and the needle wouldnt turn, obviously broken!!
gers#1fan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby alzoni » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:32 pm

I'd just like to confirm that the group of mates we were with, as we always do when down surfing at Mac, made sure the camping area was as tidy if not tidier than when we left. In fact when we arrived we picked up various bits of litter which were obviously left from other visitors. Please remember there were many other folk there at same time as us and after.
I had 2 xTechnics turntables in metal flightcases along with 70 12" records stolen from Clochkeil Farm beach Macrahanish on Sunday 16th July from a Gazeebo. Any info leading to recovery will be generously rewarded.
alzoni
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

To Ross

Postby Dorothy Milnes » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:03 pm

to Ross
I was camping near this site on Saturday and stayed until the Monday. When we left, we walked around the whole site and cleared it up. We loaded 10 bin bags into my car and drove it to a large bin. We also collected old bbq's and litter that had been left there from previous campers.
I think the problem came about because there were so many cars and people not the litter.

I have visited this beach for over 14 years and like you would not like to see access to it closed. It's one of my favourite places in Scotland.

If you can in anyway help to recover the records and decks or findout who took them it would very much be appreciated.
Dorothy Milnes
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ross » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:17 pm

Glad to hear that you helped with a clean up, as you must have noticed by the large amount of rubbish that you picked up not everyone who uses the beach is so considerate. I've seen it a few times where surfers who have been camping have had a good clean up of the site and the beach but it only takes a few idiots to ruin it all for the majority.
Not heard anything in the toon about decks or records
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby alzoni » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:54 pm

Could Gers#1 fan who said he had found buried deck PM me if he's serious.
alzoni
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby badfish » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:06 pm

spoke 2 sum boardwise employes 2 day alozoni and told them aboot yer decks and thay sayed u used 2 work there 10 years ago THAY said haaa haaa couldny have happend 2 a better guy,go sum were else 2 party dude next time unless u hav new decks 4 the wee neds of ctoon 2 play with TTFN
ARE U THICK
badfish
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby KT » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:30 am

I hope someone steals your surfboard twatfish
KT
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Next

Return to Current Affairs