Arseholes on the road

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Postby Martin » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:20 pm

Last edited by Martin on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:05 pm

Martin wrote:Oh dear, I'm not on a horse, just a poor old Triumph Bonneville soft tail lowrider chop.
Hmmmm, I know nothing about the new test laws, please refresh my memory....exactly what cc can you ride at 17 after passing a test on a 125 ? Can you still jump from a 125 to 1,000 ?
I've been riding bikes all my life and I stand by everything I said about so called born again bikers.

If you pass your test at 17 you must spend 2 yrs driving before you can move up to anything as large as a 1000cc.
The only way to go straight onto a big bike is to sit the proper courses as I mentioned. You can also pay £500/£600 and go to the city for a 4 day course, they dont gaurantee you will pass, though most do.
I have been on, and had bikes since I was 15, never sat a test on a bike till I was 45, even though I hold a full car licence,I still had to do all the tests, which kind of peeved me off, but the new laws are there for a reason, (safety). does this make me one of those bikers you dislike ? even though I have lots of experience. Btw I have not seen you out on a bike for ages.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Martin » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:27 pm

Last edited by Martin on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:37 pm

oorly gourlay wrote:Malky, are you sure it was "the legend", I'm sure that I saw him on Question of Sport last night

Twas Super Ally right enough Oorly - he didn't appear in till after 10 o'clock. Question of Sport is taped I'm sure.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:45 pm

Martin wrote..How much experience did you have on roads until you were 45 ?
Legally ? None, but you could often find me up around Tarbert fish and chip shop and Lochgilphead area, for some reason the Police never stopped bikers much in those days, so I like you never found much need to have a licence, I just did it anyway.
Rebel without a clue.
I had my 1st car at 14 or 15 and received many a kick in the erse from my Paw for being on the main roads with it.
It took me till I was 27 to actually take a car test, as I found it harder and harder to dodge the police, and it became a necessity to be on the road legally.
Funny thing is, my Paw was the one who taught me to drive at the age of about 12 or so, down the Galdrens and I hit a big rock and ripped his exhaust off. So I could never understand what the kicks on the erse were for.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Surfbored » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:13 pm

Within any faction in life there are ar$eholes and nutters.

Born again bikers are no different. Born again tractor drivers, lorry drivers, taxi drivers, and general motorists are no different either. (especially the to$$ers that talk on mobile phones whilst driving).

But it's a really crap arguement to generalise anything.
I wasn't so easily patronised when I was your age ...
Surfbored
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ross » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:33 am

aye it was Coisty oot at the Beachcomber last night he was doon in the toon again playin a bit of golf, quite often come doon with Gavin Hastings not sure if he was doon this time thaw
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jock the boat » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:23 am

nah gavin hastings wasn't down this time.think he had to milk the coos.
no 1 will want to play with me once the bloody swimming pool opens. toot toot. except Gen Jack
jock the boat
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:09 pm

Quite an amazing post this - lorries, cars, bikes and Ally McCoist!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Wired 2 The Moon » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:19 pm

well it has kinda went off topic a bit.
Wired 2 The Moon
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Sweltered » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:08 am

the p wrote:Quite an amazing post this - lorries, cars, bikes and Ally McCoist!

Not really Davie. From what I've heard, Ally was and is very well aquainted with bikes!
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Just like to add to this post

Postby Neil » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:54 am

..I can see both sides of the argument,having just spent a wonderful few days with the wife and kids in the Bala area of Snowdonia in Wales(I have some pics I will post)the peace and tranquility was wonderful..And the fresh air nearly killed me..my lungs are used to toxic fumes and smog.

On the way back we stopped off at Llangollen and came back over the Horseshoe pass another lovely place but the amount of middle age bikers pretending they are on the isle of man tt course is getting beyond a joke...hang on I know plenty of responsible middle age bikers who are real enthusiasts but this is getting silly honestly you have to see it(and listen to it)to believe it.
Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Current Affairs