Teacher killed in school

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Teacher killed in school

Postby katya » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:36 pm

What a terribly shocking story today on the news - a teacher was stabbed repeatedly in her classroom while she took a lesson at a school in Leeds. It's quite perplexing that that such a thing could happen in front of all those pupils, and the police are holding a 15 year old for questioning. The lady had worked at the school for 40 years and was due to retire in September.
Both my parents were teachers and I find it disturbing that teachers now might have to fear for their lives if a pupil holds a grudge against them (if that is the case here).
Very sad :(
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Teacher killed in school

Postby petewick » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:23 pm

katya wrote:What a terribly shocking story today on the news - a teacher was stabbed repeatedly in her classroom while she took a lesson at a school in Leeds. It's quite perplexing that that such a thing could happen in front of all those pupils, and the police are holding a 15 year old for questioning. The lady had worked at the school for 40 years and was due to retire in September.
Both my parents were teachers and I find it disturbing that teachers now might have to fear for their lives if a pupil holds a grudge against them (if that is the case here).
Very sad :(

:(
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs