Glasgow.

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Glasgow.

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:00 am

I am hoping and praying for a low casualty figure.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Glasgow.

Postby katya » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:55 am

Absolutely awful :( 32 have been taken to hospital and 3 just confirmed to have died. Thoughts are very much with those involved and those who have still to hear from friends and family x
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:25 pm

Has anyone reached the possible conclusion that I have whereby the helicopter ran out of fuel?Surely if it had fuel on board then it may have burst in to flames on impact.If that was the case then lives have been spared as the pub may have become an inferno.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobh » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:25 pm

Same thoughts here too Roger. Can't believe there was no explosion on impact-thank god, or it would have been far worse.

It's only two miles from my house and have been in there once about 7 years ago. There's an unusual feeling about that it happened so close to us in the Southside. I passed the pub two weeks ago in my car and you just think...............
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:01 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Has anyone reached the possible conclusion that I have whereby the helicopter ran out of fuel?Surely if it had fuel on board then it may have burst in to flames on impact.If that was the case then lives have been spared as the pub may have become an inferno.

"Think" it is more the case that the pilot knew the helicopter was going to crash and he 'ditched' all the fuel to save further devastation?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:08 pm

I believe these aircraft have anti rupture fuel tanks for this type of incident.
I cant believe with all the safguards in place they could run out of fuel.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Current Affairs