Madeleine McCann

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Madeleine McCann

Postby tarmmaker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Good news everything is moving again. What that kiddy is going through doesn't bear thinking about.
I still find it incomprehensible that well-educated, caring, affluent parents could leave wee Madeleine AND a baby in an unattended bedroom while they were at a restaurant, even if they could see the bedroom. I'm not playing the blame game, and nobody in their wildest dreams could ever think something so awful would happen, but I know of no-one who would leave kiddies alone, especially abroad, for any reason.
Last edited by tarmmaker on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever gets you thru the night. J Lennon.
tarmmaker
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Madeleine McAnn

Postby gizmo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:20 pm

I have always thought if the parents were from a council estate the social services would be all over them like a rash.
I feel nothing but pity for the parents and I am sure they never thought anything could happen but I cant think of anyone who would have left their kids alone like that.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Madeleine McCann

Postby odds » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:08 pm

My thoughts exactly Gizmo

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby lochend » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Amongst the many the mysteries surrounding this tragic case is the parents total denial that they had done anything wrong leaving THREE small children under the age of three alone in a strange place in a foreign country! They quite openly said that they had done the same thing on most nights of their holiday! What is even stranger is that the usually vitriolic gutter press don't seem interested in pushing the neglectful aspects of their behaviour.In an article in the Sunday Times just after the child's disappearance one noted femail columnist defended the parents actions and suggested it was common practice,yet I have yet to meet any parent who would go further than their own front gate if their "waens" were in bed! I believe British law forbids children under the age of thirteen from being left alone! An earlier poster is correct in suggesting that people in other circumstances would have been perceived differently,some poor sod from a deprived area would have probabaly had the remaining siblings taken into care! :?
lochend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby odds » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:41 pm

odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby EMDEE » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:52 am

I didn't watch this programme, but if as you say, they were left alone in the apartment on most nights of their holiday, is there not an obvious connection between this and the fact that it is now being suggested that this was a planned abduction, underlining their culpability?
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby katya » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:05 am

I'm sure they will regret the decision to leave them alone for the rest of their lives, however I was astonished to hear today that the police now think she was taken 45 minutes later than previously thought - which means they were possibly not checked on for an hour!!
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby lochend » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Odds.Thank you for the info.Having read that, it is difficult to see how they can convince themselves that they have done nothing wrong!
lochend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby weetoonplodder » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:32 pm

A few years ago I had a conversation with a friend who was in the medical circles of the midlands and knew people who knew them personally and stated that they were very much up their own arse's before this happened and were even more so since it happened. My friend also said that the general consensus within the midlands medical circles was that they knew a lot more than they were letting on about the whole incident.

I do agree that as much as its a tragedy, and its terrible that a parent has to go through this type of suffering, I think that its time that:-

1. The press dropped the nicey, nice attitude towards them and reported the facts about how negligent and irresponsible
they were for even thinking of leaving 3 children under 4 years of age home alone, never mind being home alone in a
foreign land.

2. The proper authorities decided to take action against them for the crime of neglect of a minor or whatever the
appropriate charge is, I also think action should be taken against all of the other parents involved, because as much
as they still have their own children, they are not any better and are just as guilty of neglect

3. The Authorities stopped wasting millions from the public purse to pursue this search that the Police in the country where
the crime took place have already scaled back dramatically.

4. That the parents in question would if they had any decency, sell the big fancy house they live in and downsize to pay
what has been spent from the public purse on this case in a foreign land

5. The parents in question should publicly admit they were in the wrong and are guilty of a crime

There are plenty of crimes committed within the UK that deserves just as much if not more attention from the press and the police than this one that are being committed day in, day out, yes we know that children are sometimes abducted to order there are plenty of victims in the UK hat need help, just look at the stories of Mende Nazer the woman of "Slave" or the young girl that was deaf and dumb and who was in the news last week after being found enslaved by a Asian couple in the UK. It would do the police more good to be chasing the criminals responsible for these types of crimes rather than gallivating all around europe staying in expensive hotels at the expense of the British public
Last edited by weetoonplodder on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
weetoonplodder
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby lochend » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Plodder,it is interesting that many other children have been reported missing before and after the McCann's child, yet none have received the massive allocation of police resources as this case. :? :? Why?
lochend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bill » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 pm

On average 250,000 children go missing in Europe every year.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby weetoonplodder » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:27 am

Bill/Lochend

This is exactly the issue, why make it such high profile just for them, there have been plenty of parents convicted in the UK for a lot less than this, even just nipping out for 2 mins to go to the corner shop, while this lot can go out drinking and getting pissed up with their so called friends while their kids are left alone.

Yes if it had been anyone else of a lesser standing in society then they would both be doing time by now and their remaining kids would be in care.

25,000 missing children is a massive amount, especially considering this is only in Europe, considering the modern slave trade and vulnerability of some members of society, im surprised there is not a national/international database available for the public to view and a dedicated phone line in each country for the public to report suspects, but then again it all depends on who you are if you get convicted or not.

The story of Mende Nazer,the woman who as a child was abducted from her homland in Sudan by the Mujahideen and sold into slavery to Arabs then to an Arab diplomat living in London is documented in her books "Slave" and in the movie "I Am Slave". When she escaped the home office did not believe her story and in so doing so, allowed the so called diplomat to escape the UK and any form of conviction

Sitting watching the film brought tears to my eyes to think that apart from this going on in the world, it actually happens under own own noses in our own country by scum from other countries who believe they are above our laws
weetoonplodder
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Sweltered » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Sweltered wrote:i am baffled by the way all the media seem to be excusing the behaviour of the parents on the night of the abduction. From the picture I saw, they couldn't even see the window to the room the kids were in. We keep getting told that the children were checked regularly....so what. If having a meal is more important than being a responsible parent then don't have kids. It is NEVER ok to leave your kids unattended.
I wrote this on May 8th 2007.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs