Syrian War

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Syrian War

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:44 am

The thing I find slightly strange in the entire tragedy is the change in attitude since the use in chemical weapons.

Over 100,000 people have died in the conflict so far, why are we less interested in the 99,000 that died prior to the chemical weapons attack? The death of an innocent child is surely equally as reprehensible whether they have been killed by a 'conventional' shell or a chemical weapon.

(I'm reminded of the Billy Connolly sketch from years ago, when he was talking about nuclear weapons vs. those "harmless" conventional weapons!)

We either choose to intervene to protect everyone (regardless of how they were killed) or we choose to keep out of it, but let's not get morally outraged because one side chooses a different way to kill innocent people.
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:The thing I find slightly strange in the entire tragedy is the change in attitude since the use in chemical weapons.

Over 100,000 people have died in the conflict so far, why are we less interested in the 99,000 that died prior to the chemical weapons attack? The death of an innocent child is surely equally as reprehensible whether they have been killed by a 'conventional' shell or a chemical weapon.

(I'm reminded of the Billy Connolly sketch from years ago, when he was talking about nuclear weapons vs. those "harmless" conventional weapons!)

We either choose to intervene to protect everyone (regardless of how they were killed) or we choose to keep out of it, but let's not get morally outraged because one side chooses a different way to kill innocent people.

I must be on your ignore list as i said that a no of posts back. :<>
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby four eyes » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:42 pm

The truth of this conflict is slowly coming out,but if you think the BBC et al will tell it, your deceiving yourself.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-2 ... syrian-war
Its the usual causes of wars,oil,money and power.You can choose to swallow what your told,or look a bit further,its called critical thinking. The only odd thing is how few choose to question the spin on these events.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:

Exactly! Chemical weapons are indeed horrific but warfare by any means is horrific. And nothing was done when those 100,000 were killed other than the US and the UK continually blocking peace talks. THAT is the real tragedy.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:43 pm

four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby lochend » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Four Eyes do you swallow all these conspiracy theories,every one hook line ans sinker :? I am sure there is someone out there that could sell you the Eiffel Tower! :roll: :roll:
lochend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby four eyes » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:40 pm

lochend wrote:Four Eyes do you swallow all these conspiracy theories,every one hook line ans sinker :? I am sure there is someone out there that could sell you the Eiffel Tower! :roll: :roll:

its called an enquiring mind,plus critical thinking,skills only too sadly lacking in many today.Hence the shit were in now.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby four eyes » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:08 pm

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-E ... al-weapons
http://www.examiner.com/article/it-s-no ... n-pipeline

Yea your right the its all as the Government and Obamma tell us,ffs,are you out of your mind,they are lying as usual.Its about Iran,Israel and a pipeline.Get over it the truth is out there,remember Iraq.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Current Affairs