Decorum

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Decorum

Postby giantredwood » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:22 pm

smiles wrote:Says it all

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... th-1826513

Out of interest, for all you pro Thatcher lovers are you

a) English
b) Relatively well off
c) Both of the above?

:-)

Well if it's in the Daily Retard , it must be true!!

As a previous poster said, this thread is for those of us who are not vehemently opposed to Mrs T or her policies and would like to show some respect on her passing and there is another already hijacked thread for any of your anti-Thatcher vitriol, so please post there.
giantredwood
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby smiles » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:28 pm

giantredwood wrote:this thread is for those of us who are not vehemently opposed to Mrs T or her policies and would like to show some respect on her passing and there is another already hijacked thread for any of your anti-Thatcher vitriol, so please post there.

I'm not hijacking it I'm adding to the discussion. Respect is earned my good friend and that she didn't get from me or millions of others. My family lost everything during her reign and I mean everything. My father lost his job and subsequently his house and died a broken man. George Galloway says is as it should be so please SPARE ME.

smiles
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby four eyes » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Thatcher was a tax dodger,look into her house,see the web of deceit,follow it to the Tax havens offshore.The naivety of her fans is beyond belief.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby gray_marian » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Oh for goodness sake smiles,........... grow up!.......And you too four eyes, how arrogant of you both to think your mode of thinking will appeal. I cannot speak for the other's on this thread but I'm sure we are all more than capable of selecting our own reading material and news bulletins to make an informed choice of what's happening in our country and the world around us.I certainly don't need any eejits pontificating "everybody's oot of step bar oor wee Johnie".

My paternal grandmother, Scottish from Campbeltown, grandfather born in England of Scots/English parentage.
Maternal grandmother Irish, grandfather Scottish, of Irish/English parentage. And me born and bred Scotland, and proud
to be British, to answer your question smiles, make of that what you will who cares.

Last time I read that rag/record I was eating fish & chips from it. I presume it's still spouting the same old guff, so no
smiles I for one refuse to read it as a matter of principal. Will never get that time back.
Bad things happen to us all smiles, fortunately you don't have the monopoly on that and yes I can sympathize, does that make any difference to you, doubt it. The "woe is me "attitude is pathetic, there is nothing special about any of us, life
happens deal with it and move on. As to your last question, yes I have a roof over my head and my family are healthy I am
indeed a rich woman. In my previous post four eyes I stated each to their own, so don't foist your inane drivel at me. Rant somewhere else if you must.
Last edited by gray_marian on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gray_marian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Hume » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:48 am

giantredwood wrote:
Well if it's in the Daily Retard , it must be true!!

gray_marian wrote:
Last time I read that rag/record I was eating fish & chips from it. I presume it's still spouting the same old guff

The poor old Record, it must be having a hard time trying to be anti-Thatcher and anti-independence at the same time. I am actually shocked they printed that - well done Agent Maggie!
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby four eyes » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:38 pm

gray_marian wrote:Oh for goodness sake smiles,........... grow up!.......And you too four eyes, how arrogant of you both to think your mode of thinking will appeal. I cannot speak for the other's on this thread but I'm sure we are all more than capable of selecting our own reading material and news bullitins to make an informed choice of what's happening in our country and the world around us.I certainly don't need any eejits pontificating "everybody's oot of step bar oor wee Johnie".

My paternal grandmother, Scottish from Campbeltown, grandfather born in England of Scots/English parentage.
Maternal grandmother Irish, grandfather Scottish, of Irish/English parentage. And me born and bred Scotland, and proud
to be British, to answer your question smiles, make of that what you will who cares.

Last time I read that rag/record I was eating fish & chips from it. I presume it's still spouting the same old guff, so no
smiles I for one refuse to read it as a matter of principal. Will never get that time back.
Bad things happen to us all smiles, fortunately you don't have the monopoly on that and yes I can sympathize, does that make any difference to you, doubt it. The "woe is me "attitude is pathetic, there is nothing special about any of us, life
happens deal with it and move on. As to your last question, yes I have a roof over my head and my family are healthy I am
indeed a rich woman. In my previous post four eyes I stated each to their own, so don't foist your inane drivel at me. Rant somewhere else if you must.

I would suggest that you stop looking at your heroine through blue tinted spectacles, if you consider it is inane drivel that I am being asked to contribute to a funeral of a woman whom I perceived as having run the country into the ground,then you must be correct. From the demeanour of your post, you would appear to be one of Thatcher's children, the very ones who are now doing their best to further destroy what is left of our public services. We would expect no less of those who support Thatcher. The fact that you choose to ignore her wrongdoings, does not mean they do not exist. I along with somewhere in the region of 65% of the general population are against this funeral, and all the propaganda that surrounds it.if you consider it wrong that I am willing to point out the fact, that Thatcher was a monster, a tax dodging slippery old trout then so be it. But then let's also consider the fact that if you consider I'm telling lies about Thatcher, how about the fact that her supporters Cameron, Osbourne, Duncan-Smith etc. are quite happy to accept rumours, conjecture and lies (and peddle their own) about the unemployed, poor, sick and disabled to further their policies.The Apple does not fall far from the tree.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Mod4 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Please Note: Any 'offensive' posts should be highlighted to Moderators by clicking the yellow exclamation mark associated with the the relevant post. This highlights possible issues to the moderators, who will deal with it as quickly as possible.
Last edited by Mod8 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited after deleting previous posts - sorry.
Mod4
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby petewick » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:43 pm

All I can say is that she ripped the heart out of working class communities
up and down the country, stretched the countries weak budget by over
indulging in the Falklands Conflict just for her own glory......how many died
needlessly?
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:16 pm

petewick wrote:All I can say is that she ripped the heart out of working class communities
needlessly?

Over indulging in the Falklands.. How so? British territory invaded by an aggressor, British people subjucated by a military junta that had "disappeared" thousands of its own people. I believe the Falkland islanders would see it differently.
For her own glory..I think not.
How many died needlessly? Not one of them.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby gray_marian » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Well said gizmo..........couldn't agree more.
gray_marian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby gray_marian » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:37 pm

Just an afterthought gizmo, hope you don't loose your street-cred by me agreeing with you!
gray_marian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby gizmo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:53 am

Not a problem Marian. I have never been issued with street-cred. :D
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby giantredwood » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:18 am

gizmo wrote:
Over indulging in the Falklands.. How so? British territory invaded by an aggressor, British people subjucated by a military junta that had "disappeared" thousands of its own people. I believe the Falkland islanders would see it differently.

Absolutely spot on, the Falkland Islanders are every bit as much British citizens as I am, the islands are British Sovereign territory, what was she supposed to do? Turn a blind eye and send a message to the whole world that Britain was weak and couldn't look after it's own citizens. I wonder if Blair or Brown would have had the same resolve in defence of British territory in between signing away all our legal and political independence to Brussels.

I noticed on another thread that she was accused of being a warmonger. I don't remember her starting any wars. You're not a warmonger for jumping to the country's defence AFTER being attacked.
giantredwood
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby petewick » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:51 pm

gizmo wrote:
petewick wrote:All I can say is that she ripped the heart out of working class communities
needlessly?

The General Belgrano was outwith the exclusion zone and was sailing away from the Falklands, makes you wonder who the real aggressor was? Eh?
And anyway, back then we did'nt need to go 8000 miles to see aggression against British citizens, we had it on our doorstep in Northern Ireland, what di Thatcher do to help them? SFA.......
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Again, Fairs fair, The Belgrano was skirting the Total Excluion Zone, the direction could have been changed by the spin of a wheel and then 15 6" guns could have been brought to bear on Royal Navy ships. At the same time an aircraft carrier was skirting the Zone to the north, an obvious pincer movement, later admitted by the Argentinian Navy, It was also known that an Argentinian order had been given to attack the Task Force on May 1st.
Britain had informed the Argentinians a full week before it would attack any ship it concidered to be a danger to the Task Force, the Argentinan Navy themselves accept the loss of the Belgrano as legitmate. The main complaining about the sinking seems to be from folk with a political axe to grind on this side, largely people who were not too close to those guns. Eh!
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs