Goodbye Thatcher

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Goodbye Thatcher

Postby gizmo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:23 pm

I still think she is about the only polititian with bollocks in the last 50 years. (with the notable exception of the Beast of Bollsover).
I hated just about every policy she ever had, with the exception of the Falklands. I have never vote Tory and don't think I ever could. Still sorry to hear of her passing. Can anyone name a single recent polititian who could hold a candle to her.
No. I thought not.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby four eyes » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:14 pm

gizmo wrote:I still think she is about the only polititian with bollocks in the last 50 years. (with the notable exception of the Beast of Bollsover).
I hated just about every policy she ever had, with the exception of the Falklands. I have never vote Tory and don't think I ever could. Still sorry to hear of her passing. Can anyone name a single recent polititian who could hold a candle to her.
No. I thought not.

Can name a few who have also screwed up the country though!Remind me what was so good about the Thatcher years?Oh yes nothing!and now camerscam is continuing her policies.Whilst the rest of us go to hell in a handcart.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:26 pm

gizmo wrote:I still think she is about the only polititian with bollocks in the last 50 years.

Well Gizmo, one could say the same about Hitler. We may all be ground down nowadays but we have memories.

gizmo wrote: Can anyone name a single recent polititian who could hold a candle to her.
No. I thought not.

We remember what she did and you cannot compare that overwhelming legacy with a current politician. Nevertheless, there are many in the Government today who are certainly holding a candle to her if it is about mass devastation of the country.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:49 pm

four eyes wrote:..Can name a few who have also screwed up the country though!Remind me what was so good about the Thatcher years?Oh yes nothing!and now camerscam is continuing her policies.Whilst the rest of us go to hell in a handcart.

Just to remind you, I said, I have never voted Tory and don't think I ever could. I never said the Thatcher years were good, indeed quite the reverse. Camerscam (sidesplitter) isn't following her policies by a long chalk, indeed Blair was closer.
Pre-Thatcher wasn't exactly a bed of roses either. My contention is she was the only politition of recent years who actually said what she meant, I didn't say I liked what she said..

GG.. There is no similarity between Hitler and Maggie. I believe she had the full set.. :shock:

We remember what she did and you cannot compare that overwhelming legacy with a current politician. Nevertheless, there are many in the Government today who are certainly holding a candle to her if it is about mass devastation of the country.

And indeed GG, in the previous governments, Camerscan (Ho Ho),Blair, Brown, Major.. I haven't got the time of day for any of them. A lying bunch of two faced bastards.
At least you knew what Maggie said was what she meant.
Again, I repeat, I didn't like her politics.
Last edited by Mod8 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix Quotes
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 pm

I have one problem with "Thatcher bashing".Due to her policies in 1988/1989 and the "Yuppie era"I was selling new Range Rovers for full list price,no discount and made enough money to buy the house where I still live.I therefore feel a bit hypocritical about celebrating her demise.
Last edited by LANDROVER ROGER on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:06 pm

gizmo wrote:At least you knew what Maggie said was what she meant.

Yep, and she meant to create her legacy of destroying British industry, creating permanent mass employment, declaring Mandela a terrorist, wasting North Sea Oil revenues, devastating whole areas of Britain including my hometown, inflicting the cruel poll tax, producing a whole new underclass, starting the current Bankers' greed and destabilisation of the economy by deregulating the financial services, systematically destroying social housing, sucking up to dictators and tyrants, entrenching too much wealth in the hands of the few whilst others got poorer, becoming a warmonger, setting mortgage rates at 17% that destroyed family lives, living by the belief there was 'no such thing as society' and more, much more. Oh and she created that Bloody Bliar too! I just cannot see that because she was strong in her actions, we should praise that but yes, you're right, that woman did mean what she said. And therein lies the tragedy. :(
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Good post Govan.Made me re-think.Freudian Bliar worked well!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:20 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:I have one problem with "Thatcher bashing".Due to her policies in 1988/1989 and the "Yuppie era"I was selling new Range Rovers for full list price,no discount and made enough money to buy the house where I still live.I therefore feel a bit hypocritical about celebrating her demise.

Maybe that is my problem as well Rog. I am not hideously wealthy but I am better off than my parents ever were.
Of course even back then I wasn't prat enough to meander onto a forecourt and punt my hard earned at one of you sharks. :<> A good bit of Wee Toon frugality, monys the mickle maks a muckle etc.
The folk that bought into the loadsofmoney ways, and I know of quite a few, often had their fingers burned.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:23 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Made me re-think.

In that case, I think you should sell that house and re-distribute the profits among the forum members on here. :lol:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:31 pm

gizmo wrote: I am not hideously wealthy but I am better off than my parents ever were.

And the same with me but I put that down to the free University education I received. Thatcher introduced market policies and privatisation in education and Bliar and Camcon continued the process.

However, when I get LR's money, I might well be hideously rich! :D
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Govangirl wrote:
gizmo wrote: I am not hideously wealthy but I am better off than my parents ever were.

And the same with me but I put that down to the free University education I received. Thatcher introduced market policies and privatisation in education and Bliar and Camcon continued the process.

However, when I get LR's money, I might well be hideously rich! :D

Dinnae hold yer breath!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 pm

So Maggies policiese worked for you GG?
Last edited by LANDROVER ROGER on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Can not spell policies when I am pissed!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:54 pm

the party has begunhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/politics ... on-glasgow

Happy days!cracking open a bottle right now.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 pm

Em no, LR! Of course not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :<>
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict