IDS .....

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: IDS .....

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 am

What I really can not understand is the current Government stance regarding people on benefit.The Government class every one as shiftless layabouts.Due to health reasons I had to take redundancy last May.I have been through the system via Jobseekers and am now receiving Pension Credit.I will reach State Pension age in September this year.I apply for an average of three jobs per week as I still want to work.I rarely get any response.Being un-employed is not my choice but it is my circumstance.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: IDS .....

Postby four eyes » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Hume wrote:Tarrmaker,

When you describe it like that it almost sounds reasonably. However, I don't think the motivation for the underoccupancy charge is the way you have described it.

If it was truely about freeing up larger houses there would be a drive to get 'non benefit recipient' council tenants with spare rooms to move to smaller properties too and I don't think that is the case. This is an attack purely on benefit recipients and it is widely accepted that there are insufficient properties for these people to move to should they wish to avoid the reduction in their benefits/the tax.

Even if there were, the social devastation that would go along with thousands of people uprooting from homes they have lives in for decades would be huge.

Its simply a move to cut benefits as there is very little alternative for those affected to avoid it. If it was about freeing up space then why not incentivise those with spare room to move to smaller properties?

Yes the pillocks in charge failed to think it through as per usual. It is an attack as you say,will cost more and fail to solve anything. How any one can fail to see whats going on here is beyond me. But when they come for the money you have in your account, then go for your pension fund maybe the dozy prats cheerleading this nonsense will realise how stupid they have been. Consider Cyprus,the pensionfunds are about to be raided along with the Greeks to satisfy the Troika. The moneys been stolen from their current accounts now they want more. Of course the elite in charge and their mates got their money out before the poor were fleeced.No mention on the news of this fact eh! Yes the people in charge sent their money to safe havens and then closed the banks and had the poor citizens over. Only a matter of time before Osbourne tries something similar here. Were all in it together,frick off Dave your an arse, and i for one aint buying your bullshit.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Current Affairs