IDS .....

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

IDS .....

Postby odds » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 am

Did he really just say that he could live on £53 a week .... :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21993453

Yet another interview where the questions are answered by a load of bu*****t.
I just did a search on my local Housing Association on houses available, 27 in total. Not that I would want to down size but if I wanted to go to a 2 bedroom I would have a choice of .................... ONE !! :)
It is clear to see how this plan to get families into bigger homes is just a smokescreen to 'tax' people just for living in a home they have rented for many years(28 in my case) and I aint going nowhere Mr Bloody IDS. This house is where I brought up my kids, I know and trust my neighbours and they know me.
How many extra houses do they think they will be able to build using this extra income ?
As an unfortunate victim of this regime due to heart surgery going wrong and the following circumstances, I resent being classed the same as the local chavs stood outside the Job Center drinking cans of beer who have obviously donated nothing in NI or Tax, yet it is these people that will survive cos they know the system.

Enough said ............ IDS is stil a TW@T

Sign here if you think he can do it.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/i ... -53-a-week

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: IDS .....

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:41 am

Signed yesterday.I despise the man.I would rather have I.B.S.than I.D.S!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby katya » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:40 am

Unbelieveable, but he did!! It's one of Jeremy Vine on radio 2's topics today - should be interesting...
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Govangirl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Well, there is no way whatsoever he is going to live on that for ONE YEAR so we can forget that!!! What might happen is one of those ridiculous shows where he will prove he can easily live off that money in a week. It happened once I recall with Portillo where a single mother was patronised and he did very well on the money. You can't 'moonlight' like this for seven days, that can't give anywhere near the whole picture of long-term problems.

Just remember again who voted for this inhumane system. The views of IDS indicates how twisted this country's moral compass has become.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mzz pasico » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Despicable despicable man! He's ok so to hell with the poor and vulnerable!! He's not worth my blood pressure going through the roof so im going to shut up. Despicable. . The whole lot o' them including clegg. My late father despised Thatcher and I can just imagine if he were here today his feelings on this bunch of
twats! GG, I remember that programme when Portilla agreed to live with that family.She was a hard working mum bringing up her kids on her own and he sure got his eyes opened! This bunch didn't even get in by a majority..Clegg to the rescue! They're a bunch of rich, wreaking havoc on the poor :twisted: :evil:
Mzz pasico
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Hume » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Good luck to him...after his Monday morning breakfast at £39 he'll be struggling a bit for the rest of the week. :lol:
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:15 pm

"I thought you meant 53 pounds of pheasant", admits Iain Duncan-Smith

Work and Pensions minister Iain Duncan-Smith has this morning reiterated his belief that it is easy to live on 53 pounds of freshly caught game bird a week.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tarmmaker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:30 pm

I know I'll be tarred and feathered, hung drawn and quartered, have my scrotum sliced off and put on my head as a hat, but even though IDS is a pillock, there is something in my mind that almost thinks the present system is unfair. If someone wants to rent a property, that's fine. But it doesn't matter if you have lived there for 28 years and brought up a family there, the house is still owned by someone else and there is always the possibility that the owners could want it back and give it to someone else.
It is only fair that in the first instance a house was provided to suit the needs. If those needs change, like having a family then it would be fair to expect a bigger house to bring them up. Conversely it doesn't seem right for a small occupancy to have the same big house.
I'm sure there is an answer, but IDS has gone about it arse about face.
I'll jump on the bonfire now, ready to light.
Whatever gets you thru the night. J Lennon.
tarmmaker
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:13 pm

Are there too many "m"'s in your name?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tarmmaker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:45 pm

No. I am a maker of tarms.
Whatever gets you thru the night. J Lennon.
tarmmaker
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Forgive my ignorance.What is a tarm?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:25 pm

No Tarmmaker, I think you're right, it really did have to be looked at and changes made. However, it's the way this Government have gone about it. Who in their right mind would tax folk for their spare room and include, without any thought into the policy first, the disabled or foster parents or the bereaved or parents whose children are serving their country? So I don't know if it's just that they're inept or simply downright bluddy cruel. I really don't!!

So I won't be using your scrotum as a bunnet!
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Actually no, I take that back - wondering if they are stupid or cruel assumes they are human.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Shona » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:33 am

IDS lives rent free in an Elizabethan 'cottage' worth more than £2 million on his father-in-law's estate (Lord Cottesloe).
Shona
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Hume » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 am

Tarrmaker,

When you describe it like that it almost sounds reasonably. However, I don't think the motivation for the underoccupancy charge is the way you have described it.

If it was truely about freeing up larger houses there would be a drive to get 'non benefit recipient' council tenants with spare rooms to move to smaller properties too and I don't think that is the case. This is an attack purely on benefit recipients and it is widely accepted that there are insufficient properties for these people to move to should they wish to avoid the reduction in their benefits/the tax.

Even if there were, the social devastation that would go along with thousands of people uprooting from homes they have lives in for decades would be huge.

Its simply a move to cut benefits as there is very little alternative for those affected to avoid it. If it was about freeing up space then why not incentivise those with spare room to move to smaller properties?
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Next

Return to Current Affairs