Oscar Pistorius

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Oscar Pistorius

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 pm

What's your thoughts? Guilty or not?

A part of me thinks this could have been a tragic accident right enough. Not sure at all....
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Oscar Pistorius

Postby howlsatthemoon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:03 am

Guilty.
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself
howlsatthemoon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:51 am

howlsatthemoon wrote:Guilty.

Why didn't he just shoot himself too? Or is it reverse - shoot her and don't shoot myself as some numpty might believe it was an accident?

To get some debate :-)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MPR » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:16 am

If he was alert enough to put his legs on ( if the story i read was true) then he was alert enough to realise she was not in bed with him...... guilty
MPR
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby petewick » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:13 am

Motive?
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby howlsatthemoon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 am

"Premeditated murder is the crime of wrongfully causing the death of another human being (also known as murder) after rationally considering the timing or method of doing so, in order to either increase the likelihood of success, or to evade detection or apprehension."

This, I think, is what the prosecution will have trouble proving. To me he has killed her, after a heated argument (witness has said he/she heard shouting going on all night), and after realising what he has done is now trying every trick in the book to try and get the charge reduced. I just hope the prosecution don't make the same mistakes as what happened in the OJ Simpson case.
howlsatthemoon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:25 am

Just heard on the news that witnesses reported a lot of screaming and shouting before the gunshots.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby katya » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Initially I felt very sorry for him, as the news reports suggested a terrible mistake. However, as I hear more reports, I'm a little less sympathetic. In his own defence, he was without his prosthetic legs (latest claims are that the shots were fired downward) and shot, in the dark, through a locked door. He then smashed open the door and carried her downstairs, where she died in his arms.
The defence have now discovered that the witness who heard the screams etc was over 600m away.
It's all a little more than weird.
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby howlsatthemoon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:37 am

Oh well, he is out on bail.....just makes you wonder!!
howlsatthemoon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Shona » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:04 am

howlsatthemoon wrote:Oh well, he is out on bail.....just makes you wonder!!

Bailed Runner?
Shona
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Shona » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:10 am

It's all v odd. His girlfriend was in bed with him. He woke up and heard a noise. Now, if that was me, I'd prod the snoring form beside me and ask: 'Did you hear that?' If the snoring form wasn't there, then I would assume the noises were a result of nature calling. Just can't get my head round why someone would reach for a gun, then go to the locked door of the toilet and shoot through the door.
Shona
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:46 pm

All I know is that I have a childhood friend who lives in SA living a life of luxury and abject fear. Violence, murder and rape in the course of burglaries occur every day to an extent unimaginable in this country and if she were still living in Scotland she wouldn’t be living with a gun under her pillow (well, probably not!) The levels of violence accompanying crimes in S A are way beyond what we usually see here and I doubt this story would have made more than a few lines on page 7 of the Jo’Burg Daily Mail were it not for the fame of the individual concerned.
AND all I can imagine is that if I’m living in a country where violent murder seems to be a way of life, I’m rich, I’ve already received death threats against me, I’m an invalid with no legs, I think I’ve got an intruder in my house and I fear for my life, I might panic and go mad with my gun.
AND all I can imagine is that a rich defendant having the best defence lawyers money can buy plus a significantly important cultural status and a system with extremely misogynistic attitudes and shocking acceptance of violence towards women means they will probably walk free.
However, all I REALLY know is most of what I’ve read in this case seems to be based on lurid media speculation – because ALL I know is that I know diddly squat about happened there that night, and will continue not to know, until perhaps after the trial itself. Until then, the presumption of innocence remains.
Surely?
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs