Tax Avoidance Schemes

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Tax Avoidance Schemes

Postby odds » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:50 pm

This puts poor old Jimmy Carrs scheme to shame and yet I haven't heard Mr 'all in it together' Cameron comment so quickly on this. It is absolutely scandalous how they can get away with this kind of Tax evasion, even though it is totally legal as is Mr Carrs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19967397

You can't help but laugh at this quote:

"We have paid and will continue to pay our fair share of taxes in full compliance with all UK tax laws, as we always have," Starbucks said.

They have paid ZERO tax for the last 3 years, so the employees, probably on minimum wage have actually paid more than this company !!

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Tax Avoidance Schemes

Postby WC1 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:21 am

A disgrace, and ought to be illegal. The effrontery of Starbucks' statement is breathtaking. We should remember, when we go to the city, to get our coffee elsewhere. Boycott Starbucks! But then we'd have to boycott Vodafone as well . . .
WC1
WC1
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Tax Avoidance Schemes

Postby gizmo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:23 am

No problem WC1.. £3.50 for a coffee :<> .. Generations of my family would be turning in their graves if I paid that.
Mobile phones are the toys of Satan himself..
Tax avoidance is perfectly legal and at the working mans (persons) level, usually neccessary but on this scale (or indeed Carrs), a complete disgrace.
I would think it is time to make the whole system simpler, these companies find loopholes because the whole system is far too complicated and that is deliberate, so half the time we dont know how much tax we are paying.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Current Affairs