Sir James Saville

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Sir James Saville

Postby EMDEE » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:16 am

Yet it is OK for the police to brand Savile as one of the most prolific sex offenders in history when he has never been found guilty of anything in a court. They had their chance over a number of decades when he was alive and botched it up, either deliberately or through sheer incompetence. Easy target when you're dead. It doesn't matter how much we may perceive that Savile was in fact what the police say, to my mind it is quite wrong that they are able to make such a pronouncement about a dead man. If they made statements like this about a suspect who was alive they would be open to substantial civil action, which is probably the concern and reason for the reticence about naming the individual who is the subject of recent comments on this thread.

This doesn't mean that I either think Savile did, or did not do, these alleged things. We all have our own opinions based on the information that is available to us. What it means is that I don't think that the police should have the right to make such a pronouncement on his guilt of innocence. They actually have no more right to make such a public statement than any citizen of the country. Guilt or innocence should only be decided through the processes of the judicial system. Who knows? If Savile had appeared in court and been tried for even a fraction of the alleged crimes that he committed, he may have been jailed, but it should not be up to the police to circumvent this process and publicly state that he is guilty, or at least offer the obvious opinion that they think he is guilty. Their function is to investigate complaints and present the evidence to a court of law through the prosecuting authorities.

If Harold Shipman had hanged himself before he went to court he would have gone to his grave as an innocent man, and we would not be able to say that he was the most prolific serial murderer in British history.

It is not a good development for the citizens of any country when the police are acting as judge and jury. That is the function of the judicial system, and that function also covers the curtailing of the activities of an over-zealous police force. The police have a multitude of functions in this country, but fortunately for all of us, the decision of guilt or innocence is outwith their remit.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby odds » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:28 pm

I'd like to know why only some of the 'suspects' that are questioned/arrested are allowed to be named, yet others have the right to anonimity. Is it because the more wealthy you are or the more friends you have in the right places the easier it is to get injunctions to stop your name being mentioned ?

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby four eyes » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:49 pm

never heard of a D notice odds? They use them to hide all manner of wrongs,try looking into them a bit,it is strange that a place like Dunblane has got them covering it.Never mind Blairs court case of his early days. The public are fools and the ones pulling the levers know it. They are using the laws to cover up their misdeeds and fools here are only too happy to go along with it. The misdeeds are so heinous that they are beyond believe,yet the public still look the other way. Some people still think the BBC etc are telling the truth,the newspapers are truthful.Look around,they take away our rights every few weeks,remove the welfare state slowly,invoke a police state the like of which Orwell never dreamt. Still corries on the TV and i have my crap job to go too,so its all ok. When they empty your bank account dont come running,you were warned!
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby four eyes » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Thinking further on this subject i ask you to google Plato's allegory of the cave,this may help you to understand how you are kept in ignorance of the truth. Good luck,you may never be the same again.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby gizmo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:54 pm

What makes you think we would need to google it. :<>
Do you think we are not as bright as yourself. :shock:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby four eyes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:21 pm

gizmo wrote:What makes you think we would need to google it. :<>
Do you think we are not as bright as yourself. :shock:

I'm working on the premise that philosophy students are few and far between these days. Also the amount of people that actually read Plato's work is infinitesimal in the general scale of things.judging by the success of the powers that be in keeping the populace in a state of delusion, perhaps more of them would do better to read his body of work. You don't need to be that bright, just willing to learn. :roll:
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:10 pm

No one needs to bother reading anything four eyes - as long as you're here to keep us all out of harm's way and guide us towards safety - away from this paedophile-infested world we all seem have sleep walked into.

Thank god you're here to keep us posted on all the latest news from http://www.you're_all_doomed.com and http://www.i_cant_believe_they're_all_so_stupid.com and http://www.random-paedo-names.net

If I post a list of people - can you advise if i should trust them or not, as I'm not sure how I've managed to get this far in life without you as the moral compass.

I'll start with my neighbour's son. I'm a bit concerned about him, he's exhibiting all those tell-tale paedo signs, you know the breathing and talking thing they do, he spends an un-natural amount of time with little boys. My daughter was invited to his 7th birthday party last week, however his parents couldn't provide his Disclosure Scotland background check, so I didn't let her go. I assume this was the right thing to do? Even if they had provided it, these things can be faked, right? I mean we can't be too careful can we?

Are there any other philosophers works you can advise I read? I must admit not having read Socrates' epic 'How to Spot a Nonce' which really is remiss of me I know, probably why I'm surrounded by them and don't realise it yet?

Can cats be in on the game? There's one that lives down our street, it was sniffing around a wee girl the other day - highly suspicious if you ask me. I would have reported it to the vet, but they're probably all in on the gig too. As you say it's pointless going to the police, they're all at it!

We are indeed all doomed!

In all seriousness, your obsession with paedophiles and paedophilia seems to know no bounds, I'm actually more concerned about people like you who frequent your websites of choice and believe every piece of rubbish on there. And before you throw up one fact they might have got right - even a broken clock is right twice a day!
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby odds » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote: even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Not if it has a 24hr display it isn't :wink: You can never believe everything that people tell you :)

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:20 pm

odds wrote:You can never believe everything that people tell you :)

...... and that's the amazing thing Pete, I don't.

Keep this to yourself, but it's like a superpower I've managed to build up over the years, it's a heady mix of common-sense, gut-feel, intuition and my four brain cells. This uncanny ability has been finely honed through decades of interaction with this thing they call 'life'. Whereas I can only dream of honing my 'who to trust' superpower to the same level as four eyes - amazingly it has got me this far.

Now there are a couple of people who I've always thought "How did they ever manage to survive in life, believing everything they are told?" I know this is selfish, but I must confess to be devastated recently when I discovered many of them had actually developed the same 'superpower' as me. Suddenly I don't feel so super after all :(

Strangely enough, the people who I trust the least are the people who proffer advice on who I should or shouldn't trust. :wink:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EMDEE » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:45 am

Sheik

Why are you getting so hot under the collar about this? I have read the posts from Four Eyes fo some time now, and tend to treat them as what they are, the ramblings of an eccentric. I thought you would realise that that is what we have here.

So far as students of philosophy are concerned, we are all students of that particular discipline, merely through our everyday lives, as that is what philosophy is about. It is not rocket science, as some people say.

We can all give links to informative and relevant websites. Here's one of mine:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:07 am

I sincerely hope you are not attempting to join in on the continual harrassment of flat-earthers.
This society is one of the last bastions of truth left to us.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby four eyes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:09 pm

greetings dear readers, I return after my latest ban to update those who are not asleep, interested, mildly interested or perhaps even totally uninterested allegedly, but who continue to haunt this thread despite their protestations. The unashamed cover-up goes on, politicians of all shapes continue to pretend nothing is happening. As per usual the mainstream media, bought and paid, for prints nothing.I enclose a link to a well respected blogger, his site is not only very interesting, but is a useful tool for those of us who wish to ascertain what is really going on in the world.
http://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/ ... stminster/

I should now point out, those of you who are still convinced nothing is going on (you know who you are) need to ask yourselves some serious questions. As your inability to discern the truth in not only this but a whole raft of other matters is really quite disgraceful. This whole scandal has come about because of people like you, you have allowed those with power to get away with quite literally murder. Preferring to keep your heads well and truly in the sand whilst squawking conspiracy theorists, tinfoil hat wearers and other such nonsense. I repeat once again, the main stream media is totally devoid of any real news, analysis or genuine investigative journalism.the Internet is now the opposition, your TV and the Daily Mail will not do! Wise up, you've been had!
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:14 pm

"Wise up, you've been had!"By whom?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:37 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:"Wise up, you've been had!"By whom?

you know exactly who I'm talking about Roger, stop it immediately, I expect better from you. :shock:
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:40 am

Four eyes............

KEEP CALM 8)
.... AND....
KEEP POSTING
8)
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come