Sir James Saville

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Sir James Saville

Postby Govangirl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Thank you Isa and Sheik, I knew I couldn't be the only one!

But - complaints of rape against children and we're being given the old innocent- until- proven- guilty line? Whit?????? :<> And he’s dead so he can’t defend the accusations? OMG then, that Poor Fred West! He was never brought to trial either and yet people insist on believing he was guilty! How very medieval of them.

These victims deserve their full story to be told, and to be apologised to, and to be assured that it wasn't their fault. And what’s wrong with them being compensated out of Savile’s millions for the abuse they suffered? Quite a few of them did try to tell their stories but they were disbelieved, mocked or even punished. They were young and extremely vulnerable, many of them from children’s homes or approved schools.

This isn’t about a witch hunt or a ‘media frenzy’ – it’s about ensuring the Savile legacy results in a major rethink and overhaul of police and CPS responses to reports of child sexual abuse. The CPS were aware of many allegations in several towns and cities yet decided there was insufficient evidence. This is shocking!
And it has happened too many times before. Ian Huntley was questioned over eight sexual assaults on young girls and the CPS decided each time there was not enough evidence for a court case. He went on to murder those two poor 10-year-old girls. I am sick of hearing awful things regarding these cases – in the recent Rochdale scandal, police claimed a young girl had ‘allowed herself’ to be sexually abused on so many occasions and a judge didn’t even jail a guy who sexually assaulted a 7 year-old girl because he said ‘she initiated sexual contact by flirting with him’ – Dear God!

So I think it is right to declare war on Savile, not a war against a dead man who can no longer do any harm, but against the police and the rest of the criminal justice system who appear to keep getting it wrong. And the Savile case is a good place to start.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:38 pm

Superb post GG.I was not trying to defend him.I was concerned about claims for compensation clouding the issue.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:38 pm

GG is correct,he was a monster and many turned a blind eye. Rogers de facto response about money, is one many are willing to use when something of this sort comes along. Unfortunately most of the time compensation will never make up for their loss. Whats wrong with someone claiming compensation for a wrong done to them? Saville,Glitter et al deserve all the shit thats coming their way,along with those who looked the other way.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby EMDEE » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:44 am

four eyes wrote:GG is correct,he was a monster and many turned a blind eye. Rogers de facto response about money, is one many are willing to use when something of this sort comes along. Unfortunately most of the time compensation will never make up for their loss. Whats wrong with someone claiming compensation for a wrong done to them? Saville,Glitter et al deserve all the shit thats coming their way,along with those who looked the other way.

It's those who looked the other way that need to now be seeked out and brought to justice.

This man lived a lie for his whole life and on his death last year was regarded as a "national treasure" for his charitable activities. The unsuspecting public believed the image that had been promoted and Savile must have made himself a tidy fortune. Granted, he was a bizarre personality whose behaviour and demeanour throughout his life could be described as infantile, but the general public who were not "in the know" were completely unaware of his double life. There needs to be accountabilty and consequences for those who did know. Now that this is in the public domain hopefully pressure will continue and there will be prosecutions of those who assisted him in his vile activities.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:47 am

Govangirl wrote:
bill wrote:Never ever liked him.I know he did a lot of charity work,but there was just some thing about him made me uneasy.

No doubt it was because he was once a miner. Your idol wouldn't have liked him either.

RIP Sir Jimmy and well done for the £40million you raised for charity.

I stick by what I said at the time of his death.I see others have changed their tune.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:48 am

It would seem Bill can see both the inner good and the inner bad in folk. :D
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Bill, I feel I have to answer that. I knew you would bring that up despite me explaining it was a joke. You are right, you saw something in the man that I didn't. I hold up my hands and admit I thought he was the bee's knees and my very first thought was, 'OMG Bill was right'. Well done. But Savile was a very clever and manipulative man with too much power and he tricked millions of people other than just simple folk like me. So it's not a case of me 'changing my tune' but rather one of having the truth revealed to me. I'll also admit to being extremely naive - perhaps I can only believe a person is a monster if he portrays himself as such for this is showing me that much more terrifying is the evil monster who pretends to be good so he can trick everyone around him that he is a great saint. A writer once said that actuality keeps outdoing great writers' talents - how true, not one could produce a story of a BBC celebrity that got away with such open abuse for 40 years!!!!!!
And I still stand by the fact that we cannot do anything to a dead man but we ought to take the opportunity to clean up the whole system regarding the police and the CPS. Police in FOUR authorities knew about Savile and his ilk, just like the claims that are coming out now from health staff who knew he was abusing kids - disabled kids! - in hospital with utter impunity. This is where the evil lies and we can see by the recent Rochdale stories and tales of paedophile priests that nothing has changed!
I can now see why we need wikileaks!! But saying that, I would put my last dollar on a bet that if Savile was still alive today, he would still be an untouchable figure, given his money, his friends in high places (not least the BBC and royalty) and overpaid libel lawyers.
The unpalatable truth is that we live in a society where folk are happy to believe all the lies that are fed to them if it makes them feel safer than the truth. :(
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:30 am

Just an aside really.Back in the 1980's I was in a Blackpool North Pier cafe.Freddie Starr was in the cafe and goosed or groped the young female waitresses in full view of everyone.Everyone laughed as it seemed the norm at that time.Nowadays,quite rightly,it would be regarded as sexual assault.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:27 pm

were you on the bill at Blackpool Roger?
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby odds » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:21 pm

four eyes wrote:were you on the bill at Blackpool Roger?

Haven't you seen some of his jokes ? The only way Roger would get on stage would be to sweep it :D

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:30 pm

four eyes wrote:were you on the bill at Blackpool Roger?

No.I was employed to sweep the stage. :D

Cheers Odds!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Theres one leaving in ten minutes,be under it! :lol:
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Don't know where you found that pic Four Eyes but well done and that's not a sarcastic one like before. See, you can't recognise evil when it's staring you in the face, can you? I was all excited when that fraud got into No 10 never thinking for one minute he'd go and start an illegal war.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby petewick » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:55 am

We have a saying here in Kintyre, Better Deid!!!!
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mod8 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Some recent posts on this topic have been moved whilst we ensure they do not contravene the Acceptable Use Policy, which states, amongst other things:

3) Conduct of Discussion

Before posting a message, you should ensure to the best of your ability that the information it contains is accurate, truthful and appropriate.

Messages should not be malicious or designed to offend.

You should remember that you are legally responsible for what you write. At all times, you remain solely responsible for anything found within your posts. By participating in a discussion, you undertake to indemnify the site owner, Administrators and appointed Moderators against any liability arising from any breach of confidentiality, copyright or other intellectual property right published by you on this site and against all damages, losses, claims and costs (including, without limitation, all expenses incurred in conducting or defending any proceedings) arising from any such publication. You must not make statements that are libellous, slanderous, obscene, seek to incite racial hatred or otherwise break the laws of the United Kingdom.
Mod8
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs