Olympics

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Olympics

Postby Ags » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:32 am

Great post GG and as I said to you already, Iain thinks you should become full time reviewer of gigs!!
I loved the opening ceremony. Boyle did an amazing job and how it all came together with no hiccups was a major feat in itself.
The only bit I felt slightly uncomfortable with was Mohammed Ali. I know he, like McCartney, in a British legend and had every right to be there but he is a poor soul and I just felt really sad for him.
I think the empty seats in the Aquatic centre has been a disgrace but we know one of them will be filled tonight.
Delighted for Swim that Robbie Renwick and Liam Tancock have made the finals tonight :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:59 am

I thought at first it was sad Ags but then I thought that it was good because if I am right, Parkinson's is a disease that only affects the body and not the mind so this is something he must really want to do. I hope so anyway, it would be bad if they used him as some sort of publicity stunt. I also believe that it was humbling for one of our greatest Olympians to show the contrasting spirit of the Games - the glory and achievement against the frailty of human life.
Agree with the swimming, so exciting!
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:36 pm

BYE
Last edited by LANDROVER ROGER on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:13 pm

Great Scot!!!!!! Well done to Michael Jamieson for his silver medal!!!!!! It was exciting stuff!!!!!
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobh » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Did'nt think i would get into the olympic spirit but my god how good has GB done. Proud and absolutely brilliant. Watched Jessica Innes tonight with my wife and we were both jumping for joy. It's good to feel good :D
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ags » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:48 pm

What an absolutely brilliant week of sport! Well done London and well done Team GB. It's all an emotional rollercoaster and most so today when Steve Redgrave helped out of their boat, rowers who had given everything, only for them to apologise for letting people down......they got a silver medal at the Olympic Games for goodness sake!!
Swimming, rowing, cycling, Royalty, Jess Ennis and Mo Farah - WOW!! Very proud to be British.
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Bobh and Ags, I totally agree.Bobh, I'm like you, never thought I'd get into the spirit either - and never had before in all my 21 years :wink: - but it has been a great week. Tonight was best of all!!!!!
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:46 am

The very best "non-sporting" moment was Sir Paul McCartney getting the "rolling of the eyes at Dad look" that I see in this house every day! It obviously doesn't matter how famous you are :lol:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:31 am

I wonder if anyone will be offended at my poor standard of jokes and have a go at me personally?It will never happen on here.No one is so full of vitriol to do such a thing.
Last edited by LANDROVER ROGER on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:45 am

It has really surprised me how emotional I've got over these Olympics. After all the excitement of yesterday, it's all continuing today!! Come on Andy!!

So looking forward to the Bolt / Blake sprint tonight!!!!
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:59 am

The results are in from the sailing. Britain have taken gold, Denmark have taken silver, and the Somalians took a middle aged couple from Weymouth
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:11 am

BYE
Last edited by LANDROVER ROGER on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Board Admin » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Good grief Roger, your jokes don't get any better! Beginning to think the Iranian hack team were targeting you! :D

Must say that Team GB have done really well. I never thought I would watch much of it but anything I've seen has had me hooked 8)
Board Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:09 pm

BYE
Last edited by LANDROVER ROGER on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:11 pm

I don't care if folk shout me down but this is Current Affairs. There's another place on here called 'House of Fun' where would-be 'comics' :roll: can post their stupid jokes. Can we just stick to the threads please? I'd prefer absence to improvement in this particular thread, thank you very much.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs