Jimmy Carr

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Jimmy Carr

Postby EMDEE » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:48 pm

With the stushie about Jimmy Carr's tax liability, I find it truly amazing that someone like this can make enough money doing what he does to be able to have the option of using a Tax Avoidance Scheme. The figure of £3,000,000 a year has been quoted, which I suppose could be well off the mark.

Maybe the comedians, or should I say "clowns" are the ones who queue up in their thousands to part with their hard-earned money to feed the bank accounts of these people. :roll:

I also feel that it was a mistake for David Cameron as Prime Minister to pass judgement on Mr Carr for two reasons:

1. As Prime Minister, he should not be discussing any individual taxpayers affairs in public.

2. As Prime Minister, he is First Lord of the Treasury, and head of the government which is responsible for passing anti-avoidance legislation. The fact that these schemes are legitimately available to high-earning taxpayers is a reflection on the effectiveness of this legislation.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Jimmy Carr

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:26 pm

EMDEE wrote:Maybe the comedians, or should I say "clowns" are the ones who queue up in their thousands to part with their hard-earned money to feed the bank accounts of these people. :roll:

Not quite sure you should label people, who part with their hard earned cash, to see someone who entertains them, as clowns?? You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Now, if Mark Thomas was avoiding tax with an offshore account - THAT would be a story - and very funny!! :lol:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EMDEE » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:
EMDEE wrote:Maybe the comedians, or should I say "clowns" are the ones who queue up in their thousands to part with their hard-earned money to feed the bank accounts of these people. :roll:

Not quite sure you should label people, who part with their hard earned cash, to see someone who entertains them, as clowns?? You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Maybe not, but they've certainly been keeping Jimmy Carr laughing all the way to the bank.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Mr Carr can earn all he likes, good luck to him. I'm more interested in the real morally bankrupt scunners:

PM: I'm going to get that Jimmy Carr over his tax evasion, it will divert attention from the doctors' strike and my Home Secretary being found guilty of contempt of court.
Oh, wait a minute, I might get called a hypocrite seeing as my own old man was a tax dodger . . . oh, and most of my pals . . . and nearly all those lovely Tory donors . . . and that lovely Mr Barlow. No, I don't want to look stupid.

Hey, I know! I'll get Gove to leak one of his ridiculous ideas to the Daily Mail. We'll get rid of GCSEs, go back to the halycon days of 1950s education and O Levels! Perfect! Folk will jump up and down and forget all about Theresa's run in with the law as well as all my links to tax-dodgers.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Too true marydoll. :lol:
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby odds » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Nice post GG, and for what it's worth I think you are absolutely spot on.

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby blueboyno1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:50 am

On the money as usual G.G.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby four eyes » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:53 pm