Bring Back the BIRCH

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Bring Back the BIRCH

Postby John O'Groats » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:33 pm

“Bring Back the BIRCH”

This would cure the blight of hooliganism destroying property and the town at present, not forgetting the respect for authority that it would teach the packs of youths that roam our streets.

With all the usual stalls, the square cordoned off for open air drinking and CTA could hold a raffle in aid of funds for the Christmas lights.

What a great day’s family entertainment.
When ye be tired and weary, sit on yer ar** and post on Davie Ps' Board
John O'Groats
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Malky » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:03 pm

Hmmm, I feel a rant coming on here so moving to Speakers Corner.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sweltered » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:36 am

Are the young folk actually any worse today than say 20 or 30 years ago. I remember stories of sharpened long handled combs being used as chibs at Vic dances in the late sixties early seventies. I can also recall pitched battles with sailors in the Longrow. About 15 years ago my cousin' husband was threatened with a "glassin" by a couple of teenagers when he was going into the Sovreign. I can remember all the windows being broken in the Forestry office in the Roading. Hooliganism wasn't invented yesterday.

Maybe the birch should never have gone away.

Or maybe the young people of the town should have alternatives to hooliganism. But why change a habit of a lifetime, there's never been anything for the youth of the town, that lasted for any length of time. Except underage drinking, which is not unique to Campbeltown of course but it IS the major pastime in towns around Scotland. It's a culture thing.

Raise the drinking age to 21 and bring back conscription. That'll sort them out
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:19 am

Yeah, round them up, put them in a field , and BOMB the bar stewards. :twisted: :twisted:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:04 pm

:roll:
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby Neil » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:38 am

Bring Back the BIRCH???

eee bye gum there will be loads of em from the House of Commons agreeing to that one,i can see a few dungeons down london way going out of business.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sweltered » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:21 pm

general jack o'niell wrote: needless scheme violence and the smell of burnin rubber and mud to the knees in johnny barbour's field.

Including running away when the other "gang" came to the bonfire, leaving your wee brother to get leathered. Great memories :(

Did you know, you could fit 42 car tyres and 3 tractor tyres in an 8X6 shed and still have room for 3 bikes and a mower.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs