Your thoughts ?

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Your thoughts ?

Postby Martin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:19 pm

I've been following this case with a great amount of interest. If, the prosecution experts are correct, and Craig Roy doesn't have any mental issues then he shouldn't see the light of day for at least thirty years. If the defence experts are right and he does suffer from any disorders, then he should never see the light of day again.
There are ways of saying, "No", and there are ways of putting a halt to any attempt of blackmail, stabbing a sixteen year old kid twenty times and slitting his throat is not the way to go about it.
I'd be interested to read your thoughts on this, I won't go any further with this, just interested in your thoughts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-16852307
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Your thoughts ?

Postby MPR » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Always an excuse isnt there, this was a murder plain and simple, he took the knife with him with the intent of killing the boy. I think their was a relationship between the two and something went sour, the boy wanted more out of the relationship than the murderer was willing to give, there may have been an element of blackmail involved. the number of stab wounds says to me that this man was very angry at that boy.
MPR
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Your thoughts ?

Postby ionnsaigh » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:20 pm

MPR wrote:Always an excuse isnt there, this was a murder plain and simple, he took the knife with him with the intent of killing the boy. I think their was a relationship between the two and something went sour, the boy wanted more out of the relationship than the murderer was willing to give, there may have been an element of blackmail involved. the number of stab wounds says to me that this man was very angry at that boy.

I think it fair to say that excessive emotional outbursts, or the lack of any emotion, are characteristics strongly associated with some mental illnesses, and some personality disorders. Yet on the other hand, anger and apathy are traits that most healthy people show, and have.. French law took into account, feelings of extreme emotion
( A crime of passion ) In other words, a heinous crime can be committed, by a reasonably sane person, in the heat of the moment.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs