Bankers Bonuses

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Bankers Bonuses

Postby EMDEE » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Is it proper that Stephen Hester should receive a bonus for doing the job that he is already being handsomely paid to do in what is effectively a public sector organisation?
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Bankers Bonuses

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:23 pm

No.It is a cynical slap in the face for all who are still having to ride out the disastrous results of these gamblers.The "Government"should step in and stop it.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Bankers Bonuses

Postby Crowth » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Leaving his bonus aside, his basic pay is hugely disproportionate to the job or any job. Come on, 1.2 million quid as an annual wage? I don't accept and I'm sick of hearing the mantra 'if you don't pay this kind of money you don't attract the right people to the job'. Were the people who almost bankrupted the country the 'right' kind of people'?

I work a 44 hour week and earn about as much as Mr Hester spends on socks in a week. I do my job well, I know this for a fact, and I consider my wage to be payment for that. A bonus would be nice, but I expect nothing else.
Remember, a penguin is for life not just for elevenses.
Crowth
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Current Affairs