The BIG MAN.

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

The BIG MAN.

Postby bill » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:37 pm

No doubt most of you have seen the video on you tube of the student being thrown of the train by the Big Man. In the intervening days since the incident went viral on you tube,it would seem there may be repercussions for those involved.

Was he right in throwing him off,or was he being a bully? Would he have been so quick out of his seat if the offender had been more his own size?

I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: The BIG MAN.

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:47 pm

What is highly alarming nowadays is you are in danger of being filmed wherever you are!

Probably just the heat of the moment with the fella who now regrets getting involved I'm sure. Young fla is an arrogant twat if you ask me.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EMDEE » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:54 am

Haven't heard any more about it, but it was reported during the week that the incident was being looked at with a possible assault charge against the Big Man. The rail company have their own procedures for dealing with a situation like this, and his involvement, however justified it may appear to some, was foolish. I don't think the ticket inspector helped by continuing to argue with him, and should just have had it dealt with at the next stop by whatever procedures are laid down by the rules.

If the inspector had been, or was being threatened with physical assault then the Big Man's involvement may have been justifiable.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby odds » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:46 am

Ship called Dignity wrote:Young fla is an arrogant twat if you ask me.

Couldn't agree more, yet another of todays 'yoof' that think they can do as they please with no repercussions. I will also bet that if the big fella was the inspector rather than an elderly gentleman then the little arrogant 'yoof' would have left quietly in the first place when asked !

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Martin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:43 pm

I was discussing this with a few people. Some of us said if we were on a train, waiting to get home and some little turd was holding us up then we may not have been quite so gentle. Some one else said the guy was lucky he didn't get a knife in him for his "public spirit" and should have minded his own business.
I've been thinking about it a lot and think the guy was right to stand up and be counted, I just hope he doesn't end up with a criminal record as a result of this.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MPR » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:09 pm

As we all know there is a certain group of persons that have no thought about anyone but themselves, no respect for others or their property and for some reason consider that whatever they want is the way it should be, they scream at anyone that strikes their fancy and walk about with offensive saying or words on their clothing.The "Big Man" maybe didnt do the right thing by some standards but I applaud him for not taking anymore nonsense from this obnoxious idiot. You never know when one of these wastrels will throw a punch or slip a knife into you just for asking for a ticket.
MPR
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bill » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:35 pm

"Police investigating the stabbing of a railway ticket inspector have arrested two people, British Transport Police say.
The 42-year-old inspector was stabbed in the back on Friday after challenging two youths apparently travelling without tickets.
He was attacked after telling them to get off the train at East Tilbury station in Essex just before 9pm"

Obviously not the best of jobs.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:47 am

MPR wrote:As we all know there is a certain group of persons that have no thought about anyone but themselves, no respect for others or their property and for some reason consider that whatever they want is the way it should be, they scream at anyone that strikes their fancy and walk about with offensive saying or words on their clothing.The "Big Man" maybe didnt do the right thing by some standards but I applaud him for not taking anymore nonsense from this obnoxious idiot. You never know when one of these wastrels will throw a punch or slip a knife into you just for asking for a ticket.

Sometimes it's best to wait until you're in full possession of the facts......

British Transport Police launched an investigation after receiving a complaint of assault last week by Mr Main, from Falkirk, who is studying building and surveying at Edinburgh's Heriot-Watt University.

The conductor, who has not been named, is on annual leave amid a separate investigation by ScotRail.

Sources close to the investigations have confirmed Mr Main's claim, made last week, that he had tried to buy two single tickets, one from Polmont to Edinburgh Park and another in the return direction (and using his student railcard), because he was unable to use his railcard for the outward journey before 10am.

Mr Main said the conductor at Polmont had instead given him two tickets for the same journey, one full fare and one at a discounted price using his railcard, but it was only when he got on the train that evening he realised he had two Polmont-to-Edinburgh Park tickets.

CCTV footage from the train from Edinburgh shows that an argument broke out after the conductor asked Mr Main for his ticket shortly after departure, sources said.

Perhaps his attitude is 'questionable', however must admit if I was sitting on a train with a 'valid' ticket sold to me by Scotrail, and was instructed to get off, before being manhandled by someone twice my size and thrown onto the platform followed by my bag, I probably wouldn't be best pleased either!
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Martin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:45 pm

So according to reports the police have charged Alan Pollock(The Big Man) with assault.

A Scotrail spokesman has indicated that there's a possibility that the student,Sam Main, at the centre of the controversy, was in fact sold the wrong ticket.

Then of course there is also the possibility of a civil action being brought against Mr.Pollock.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Niander » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:14 am

Its actually the ticket inspectors fault because he should of contacted the law and they could of questioned him about it at the next station or journey end ...that apparently is correct procedure...
Niander
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:35 pm

The conductor in the infamous video returned to work today.

"Conductor Alan Mitchell, 63, said he was "delighted to be back". It is understood he had been on sick leave.

His employer First ScotRail would only say that Mr Mitchell had been on leave since the incident."
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Well, let's hope he was being trained properly inthat time then,
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EMDEE » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:31 pm

I see that neither the alleged fare dodger nor the Big Man are being prosecuted and the case is now closed.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:05 am

A sensible decision.
bill