Civil Unrest

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Civil Unrest

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:55 am

London, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, armoured cars, buildings ablaze, looting, rioting, destruction, thousands of people on the streets. Police shooting dead a young man........ Police batter a young woman with batons, at a peaceful protest vigil.

Mind you I was glad to see the bookie shops getting it, not much sympathy for Sony, Santander, or Wimpey either.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Civil Unrest

Postby giantredwood » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:London, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, armoured cars, buildings ablaze, looting, rioting, destruction, thousands of people on the streets. Police shooting dead a young man........ Police batter a young woman with batons, at a peaceful protest vigil.

Mind you I was glad to see the bookie shops getting it, not much sympathy for Sony, Santander, or Wimpey either.

You forgot to mention the illegal firearm which was recovered at the scene from the 'young man'.

Your usual 'lefty' nonsense.
giantredwood
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:18 pm

Just heard that the police are considering using rubber bullets.Good.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:59 pm

Well it wasn't a rubber bullet that killed Mr Duggan, now was it....
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby giantredwood » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:10 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:Well it wasn't a rubber bullet that killed Mr Duggan, now was it....

No, it wasn't, but I doubt if his gun was loaded with rubber bullets either.
giantredwood
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:35 pm

giantredwood wrote:
ionnsaigh wrote:Well it wasn't a rubber bullet that killed Mr Duggan, now was it....

Yes that thought occurred, however being shot through the heart - casts considerable doubt - on the required protocol, in dealing with such incidents.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby giantredwood » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:06 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:
giantredwood wrote:

Yes that thought occurred, however being shot through the heart - casts considerable doubt - on the required protocol, in dealing with such incidents.

And what would you suggest the required protocol should be in dealing with these 'young men' (armed thugs). "Excuse me sir, is that weapon you're pointing at me real or is it a replica or blank firing pistol?" As far as I'm concerned , if you pull a gun or point one at armed police then you're asking to be shot and it's only you to blame.
giantredwood
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby gizmo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 pm

point a gun nothing. If you carry a gun loaded or not and end up dead, there will be no tears from me. As for the peaceful protesters across the country, most if not all are just out for a bit of mayhem and hopefully a bit of looting. Still as long as they dont sleep in for their work in the morning. As for Santander, Sony, Wimpey and the bookies, no probs, just knock an extra couple of quid on my insurance.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby MPR » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:13 pm

And what would you suggest the required protocol should be in dealing with these 'young men' (armed thugs). "Excuse me sir, is that weapon you're pointing at me real or is it a replica or blank firing pistol?" As far as I'm concerned , if you pull a gun or point one at armed police then you're asking to be shot and it's only you to blame.

give them all a gun and sent them to afghanistan.waste of good organs all of them..... Im all for peaceful protest but this is just pure madness.
MPR
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:44 am

MPR wrote:And what would you suggest the required protocol should be in dealing with these 'young men' (armed thugs). "Excuse me sir, is that weapon you're pointing at me real or is it a replica or blank firing pistol?" As far as I'm concerned , if you pull a gun or point one at armed police then you're asking to be shot and it's only you to blame.

give them all a gun and sent them to afghanistan.waste of good organs all of them..... Im all for peaceful protest but this is just pure madness.

Firstly it's yet to be established, if the gun was pointed at the police......... Do you suggest that the police should have a shoot to kill policy ( perhaps similar to that of Syria ) ?

As far as sending them all to Afghanistan with guns............. tells more of what you think of the British Armed Forces, particularly with your waste of good organs quip.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 am

gizmo wrote:point a gun nothing. If you carry a gun loaded or not and end up dead, there will be no tears from me. As for the peaceful protesters across the country, most if not all are just out for a bit of mayhem and hopefully a bit of looting. Still as long as they dont sleep in for their work in the morning. As for Santander, Sony, Wimpey and the bookies, no probs, just knock an extra couple of quid on my insurance.

How many people in Kintyre carry guns ? ( just a thought ) would you apply the same criteria ?
So most, if not all peaceful protesters are just out for a bit of mayhem, would you include those that protest against wind farms - or a shite filled Loch ?
As far as personal costs re insurance - how much does 16,000 police officers in London cost, to the public taxpayer in Kintyre ?
As far as getting up for work in the morning, high unemployment and savage cuts, are the harsh reality of the matter.
Cause and effect old chap....... cause and effect.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MPR » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 pm

As far as sending them all to Afghanistan with guns............. tells more of what you think of the British Armed Forces, particularly with your waste of good organs quip.O'Donnchadha

In NO way way did I mean to imply that the armed forces are incompetent, I have nothing but the highest respect for someone who walks into the face of danger for a politicians glory. However, how many soldiers could we bring home if we gave these yobs guns and sent them into the danger zone.Bet they would wet themselves and cry for their mammy!
I dont see the yobs as an army, just taking out the trash type of thing, . OK done now.
MPR
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LenMac » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:06 pm

A large gang of youths tried to force their way inti JD Sports in Glesga, but they were just angry Rangers fans trying to return their shirts after the Malmo game.
LenMac
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby gizmo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:47 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:
gizmo wrote:point a gun nothing. If you carry a gun loaded or not and end up dead, there will be no tears from me. As for the peaceful protesters across the country, most if not all are just out for a bit of mayhem and hopefully a bit of looting. Still as long as they dont sleep in for their work in the morning. As for Santander, Sony, Wimpey and the bookies, no probs, just knock an extra couple of quid on my insurance.

A.. How many people in Kintyre carry guns ? ( just a thought ) would you apply the same criteria ?
B.. So most, if not all peaceful protesters are just out for a bit of mayhem, would you include those that protest against wind farms - or a shite filled Loch ?
C.. As far as personal costs re insurance - how much does 16,000 police officers in London cost, to the public taxpayer in Kintyre ?
D.. As far as getting up for work in the morning, high unemployment and savage cuts, are the harsh reality of the matter.
Cause and effect old chap....... cause and effect.

A.. Handguns, sawn-off shotguns or unlicenced rifles. Damn few, and if they do, the pevious criteria applies.
B.. No. Dont be stupid.
C.. Christ knows, but still money that did not need to be wasted.
D.. Bollocks. Been there done that. Never felt the need to pan in some poor buggers window or torch somebody elses house.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ionnsaigh » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:24 am

gizmo,

Your the one making the sweeping generalisations, your initial post failed to take into account the many distinctions required, before reaching any sort of informed decision. :wink:
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Current Affairs