Phone Hacking Scandal

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Phone Hacking Scandal

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:35 am

You know, just as an aside, I'm surprised I haven't heard the Jam track ONCE this week :?
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bitter End » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:18 pm

An interesting article -- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14077634 -- there has not been a lot of honour in evidence in the last 60 years in some newspapers ----- has a change in public attitude suddenly developed ? What is different this time ?
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Because I would say that no matter how dark and dubious journalistic practices were, the hacking of phones of dead children and boys who were out fighting for their country reaches the lowest and most immoral scraping of the barrel there is. :evil:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Do you really believe that is as low as the gentlemen (gentlepeople) of the fourth estate can go Govengirl. Given the opportunity they can be much worse. Look at the responses to questions, most of them dont really seem to think what has happened is too bad.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ionnsaigh » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:13 am

Ex copper Andy Hayman, would you buy a car from this man ?
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am

i rest my case,is anyone seriously surprised by what that shower of shite get up too? Hacking is not on the radar for most ordinary folk,their too busy trying to survive.Yes they may be appalled by it, but deep down they have other more pressing problems. It aint gonna change,get used to it. Rising bills etc etc are a more worrying thing for the majority than if jude law or some other tosser got hacked,Millys case is dreadfull but only for the chattering types. Corrupt cops etc theyve been at it for ever,dodgy dealings from a paper how shocking,come off it how naive can you be? Even in the wee toon the backhander exists,has done world wide for donkeys,in buisness it gets things done.Their all at it,wise up and move on.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Interesting coverage today. Very interesting.

Not sure if anyone saw John Snow interviewing Louise Mensch (Conservative MP and member of the Select Committee) after her questioning of the Murdochs. She basically stated that it wasn't much of an excuse for them to continually say "I didn't know anything about that"

John Snow then asking her about Andy Coulson using Neil Wallis for advice during the General Election campaign, and Louise Mensch then responds with the line "..... well of course the key thing here is that no-one knew about that!"

Irony doesn't come close ......... again!
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:
Not sure if anyone saw John Snow interviewing Louise Mensch (Conservative MP and member of the Select Committee)

Louise Mench Conservative MP for Corby,and what a bloody waste of time she is too.I went to see her at her surgery about three months ago,and left with the impression she should stick to the "chick lit'' novels she writes under her maiden name Bagshawe.And no,there is no chance of me ever reading one.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:33 pm

you get what you settle for in this life,if we are voting them in and buying crap newspaper its only ourselves to blame.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:06 am

I believe that Rupert Murdoch was touched by some of the messages left on Amy Winehouse`s voice mail.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:40 pm

How long will it take them ( police ) to inform me - if my phone 's been hacked or not.
Paranoia......... well it's happened before - then again that was the police - not the Sun.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Current Affairs