Goverment Cut Backs

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Goverment Cut Backs

Postby SYDNEY.B » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:30 pm

another thing goverment needs to look into is MOTABILITY ! there are genuine cases who need this but come on why dont they all have the same type of vehicle, small car , all same colour instead of wanting bigger and better cars , i dont think they would be so keen if they were all lined up in disability parking bays with the same type of vehicle. Then you have to laugh how come they can manage a round of golf or afternoon at bowls then in to Motability Car and head for home, something wrong there ! As i was led to believe when they sign for Motability Car it is for the purpose of the person qualifying for motability to be helped from getting around, not as some cases for the whole family to run about in till all hours this i have seen for myself! :!:
SYDNEY.B
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Goverment Cut Backs

Postby Isa » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:09 pm

I suppose this happens many places Sidney B but because it is a small town it is much more high profile because we all know the people who have them.

I certainly agree with your post. I always thought that a mobility vehicle was for someone with a physical disability to lead a more normal life and also to allows them to carry on working if that is their choice. In my opinion it is one of the biggest scams around. Right up there with those who say their relationship has broken down and are given another house so that both of them pick up all the benefits. Double benefits but back together. They don't even try to hide the van in the street, they just know they won't be caught.
Isa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Goverment Cut Backs

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:05 pm

There is a difference between Motability vehicles and cars that are taxed as disabled class.Disabled class can apply to any vehicle.The driver does not have to be the disabled person.On the certificate of exemption from road fund licence it will bear the name of the disabled person and state that this vehicle is being used to transport the disabled person and is not necessarily the owner of that vehicle.Having said all that I do agree that the system is being abused and needs investigating.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs