Same sex kissing in public

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Same sex kissing in public

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Listening to the radio last night and the subject of same sex kissing in public came up following two men being thrown out a pub in London for kissing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13096519

Any views on this?
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Same sex kissing in public

Postby numberplease » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Just a quick kiss is OK in my book, but not full on passionate kissing, that`s bound to upset quite a few folk.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby katya » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:14 pm

I don't believe this is a homophobic issue - a lot of people find it quite off-putting when hetrosexual couples do likewise. It's certainly not uncommon for folk to be asked to 'tone it down' a little in these situations, which I understand they were, but chose to leave.
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby thomas methvin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:59 am

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sick
thomas methvin
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby mrn » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 pm

NO NO NO NO!!!!!
mrn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Isa » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:10 pm

I have no problem with gay or lesbian people, they are what they are and if they are happy, that's fine but............ snogging in public? It's kinda like a dog walking on it's hind legs it can be done but it just doesn't look right.
Isa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby blueboyno1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:04 am

I have no problem with gay people in fact i have a few friends who are and they would not think of kissing in front of me .This subject is a mine field and some gays flaunt it .If they want to kiss do it away from the public.They were asked to leave the pub because of it and that is the choice of the owners to do so ,the same with the boarding house owners who would not allow two gay men to share a bed,that is their prerogative .Surely they must have seen or heard the rule .

The owners of this establishment reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone .

Gays only have to complain about such issues and the P.C. brigade jump on the band wagon and turn it into a big thing in order to get their own way .It's about time that people in this country were allowed the choice of free speech .If gays or anyone else dont like it then tough everyone should have the choice.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:34 am

Blueboy, that's disappointing. The law is there for equality. Would you agree if a boarding house made up their own rule that they didn't want blacks in their establishment? Or disabled people? Or Jews?
Jeez!!!!!
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Tom B » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:37 am

blueboyno1 wrote:Gays only have to complain about such issues and the P.C. brigade jump on the band wagon and turn it into a big thing in order to get their own way .It's about time that people in this country were allowed the choice of free speech .If gays or anyone else dont like it then tough everyone should have the choice.

yeah, and lets ban blacks, jews and irish as well, we don't see enough of these signs any more.

What if one of your children were gay - would you be happy for them to be turned away from a b&b or guest house?

I think the boarding house matter is completely different to the 'snogging in the bar' incident
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:30 pm

G.G and tom b .

Don't be reading something into my post that i have not said . There is plenty of talk about the rights of blacks, jews , gays (your words).What has happened to the rights of everyone else.I do not have a problem or issue or any sort of hidden agenda with the above named ,but you talk about what would happen if my child was gay .What would happen if my child was to see two men kissing in the street or cafe or two men sleeping in the same bed ,does not parents have the right to protect their children from this.My whole point is that now the minority is speaking for the majority now and where is the justice in that .The comedian Jim Davidson was on a reality tv show and happened to say he did not like gays ,he never said anything derogatory about them but he was castigated and has never been on tv since .Surely everyone no matter who they are has the right of choice .As i said this subject is a mine field and i would not like to get involved in any sort of argument about it .
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:46 pm

blueboyno1 wrote:What has happened to the rights of everyone else... What would happen if my child was to see two men kissing in the street...

OMG, God forbid should that happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The poor thing will be traumatised. And that poor Jim Davidson had to suffer because he happened to say he didn't like gays? Now that really IS injustice - he was a first class comedian, TV isn't the same without his bigoted jokes! :roll: Get real!!!!
'What about my rights?' ' My...mine...no justice...isn't fair...' I'm sick of hearing this these days.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:29 am

The main reason that Jim Davidson is not on the box now is because he is crap.
I do not think that there is anything wrong with a public show of emotion.If you are offended look away.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am

In no way was i trying to make an arguement for Jim Davidson i was making an arguement for what can happen in this day and age if you dare to voice an opinion.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:29 am

And I agree with you but not when it is bigoted, offensive or simply downright unlawful.
And perhaps if youngsters saw some same sex kissing (just as they see opposite sex kissing) now and again they may very well grow up to accept it as normal and be more tolerant and less homophobic.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby maxmix » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:31 pm

I'd say you should be able to kiss where you like.... You dont like it... turn away !

Bring back Love thy Neighbor and On the buses... 8| :D

maxmix
maxmix
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Next

Return to Current Affairs