Same sex kissing in public

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Same sex kissing in public

Postby smiles » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Govangirl wrote:And perhaps if youngsters saw some same sex kissing (just as they see opposite sex kissing) now and again they may very well grow up to accept it as normal and be more tolerant and less homophobic.

Sorry but what is "normal" about two men kissing openly in public? That just isn't normal.
smiles
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Bobh » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Totally agree smiles. It would be offensive to me and my children.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Well to take a leaf out of your book Bobh, I'm bowing out of this thread. There is no way I can engage with such ignorance.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobh » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:30 pm

What........... :?
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby maxmix » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:24 am

smiles wrote:
Govangirl wrote:And perhaps if youngsters saw some same sex kissing (just as they see opposite sex kissing) now and again they may very well grow up to accept it as normal and be more tolerant and less homophobic.

Sorry but what is "normal" about two men kissing openly in public? That just isn't normal.

So with that Theory....

Whats normal about a Gay Priest or Minister preaching on a Sunday or whenever ?

Do you stop going to Church etc because it's 'Not normal'

Depends where you draw the line at normal I suppose.... This is 2011 not 1811 ! 8)

maxmix
maxmix
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby smiles » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:14 am

maxmix wrote:
smiles wrote:

So with that Theory....

Whats normal about a Gay Priest or Minister preaching on a Sunday or whenever ?

Do you stop going to Church etc because it's 'Not normal'

Depends where you draw the line at normal I suppose.... This is 2011 not 1811 ! 8)

maxmix

Goodness me Maximix take about generalisation! There is nothing abnormal about a Priest or a Minister preaching on a Sunday whether they are gay or not as they are simply doing their job. Preaching. If your talking about a simple peck then I don't think there is a huge issue with it but passionate kissing between two men in public is simply not normal. The passion of kissing between two people has for centuries led to the next level of showing affection and ultimately to the most natural thing men and woman can share. A man and woman making love is normal and its natural but should we subject children to seeing this in public just so they know it is normal? I think not. So there is a time and place for everything whether your gay or not!

Surprised at you Govangirl. I enjoy reading your posts so just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm ignorant. I'm just saying in my eyes it isn't normal. Can you honestly say two men kissing is normal???
smiles
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:18 am

Please define the word "normal".
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobh » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:52 am

Not 'normal' the word should be acceptable, and it's not.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby EMDEE » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:05 am

Whether it is "normal" or not, which in itself is an entirely separate debate, we all know that this has gone on since the beginnings of the human race, and until fairly recent times it was frowned on and subject to criminal legislation. It is, of course, and should be, a private matter for the individual, and there is absolutely no reason why they should not be able to get on with it behind closed doors. However, to many of us who are not of that persuasion it can be very uncomfortable and embarrassing to witness this sort of thing in public. Now that homosexuality has become more widely accepted, there are those who now wish to exploit this fact and flaunt it in public and advertise it, as much as a matter of principle, and to "make a statement" as anything else, and it obviously still shocks some people, which is why there is such a furore about this. Those at the centre of these periodical stories that we read about in the press can do these things in the knowledge that they will have the support of, and be defended by the political correctness brigade, and anyone speaking out against their actions will be regarded as a bigot and treated like a pariah.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:41 pm

It’s not about my opinion Smiles, or whether or not someone agrees or not, it’s about what is discrimination. Everyone has their own point of view or opinion on something and I totally stand by their right to hold it, however offensive I may find it but when it comes to being homophobic, racist or breaking any other of the laws of this land designed to protect people then that’s a different matter. It always worries me when folk start spouting about what’s normal because pretty soon someone will want to get rid of what’s not ‘normal’ – what about children with special needs, babies in wombs that have problems, whole races of people who can be wiped out? It’s all happened folks and it only needs intolerance to start it off. Bobh wouldn’t answer as to how he’d react if one of his own children came out but no doubt it would horrify him. I’m pretty sure that all my children are not gay but all their lives I’ve promised that no matter what they do in life I will be there for them. I guess I’d be very upset if one had turned out gay but only because of the prejudice and hate I know they would have to face.
The childhood friend I grew up with hid her sexuality successfully until she was in her 40s and when her personal pain and suffering due to living a lie was no longer bearable she came out. Her mother promptly disowned her. How in God’s name can you purport to love a child for 47 years and then turn your back on her? I find that abhorrent. The worst thing was that she watched her mother being beaten by her dad all her life and yet her mother told her she would rather have her married to a husband like that than to a woman who loved her.
My own lovely nephew, at the age of 25, came out last year. His pain and fear about his situation worries me greatly. When he told his extended family, we embraced his news. Why? Because my other brother’s lovely son, who would now be roughly the same age, tragically and needlessly died at the age of 19. Take it from me that my brother and his wife (and myself for that matter) would gladly swap places any day because my brother and I would, rather than tend our sons’ graves on a weekly basis, be sitting in a pub with them and watching the odd peck or two!! When I sat my own children down to tell them, I was proud they didn’t react with “That’s not normal” – in fact they were relieved because they thought the news was going to be so much worse.
Live and let live I say, the world is full of hate without adding to it. I don’t want to see couples heterosexual or otherwise fully snogging in the street, it may make me break out in a rash of envy - but pecking in public? Jings, give me a break, I can think of a load of other issues that I find offensive: children dying in Africa through poverty, old people unable to afford heating, barabaric cuts by this current Government, etc. etc. – oh and racism, homophobia and other prejudices.

EMDEE wrote: and anyone speaking out against their actions will be regarded as a bigot

I'm sorry Emdee I hate political correctness as much as the next person and I can assure you that I am not part of their brigade but if the name fits . . .
smiles wrote:Can you honestly say two men kissing is normal???

Erm, yes.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bertie » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:36 pm

There is nothing abnormal about a Priest or a Minister preaching on a Sunday whether they are gay or not as they are simply doing their job

So, using the same argument, theres nothing abnormal about a couple kissing in public, whether they're gay or not, as they are simply showing their affection for each other.
Bertie
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby smiles » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Govangirl. So you are saying you find my comments and others on here offensive just because some of us think two men full on snogging isn't normal?

Discrimination? Don't make me laugh.
smiles
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:53 pm

There is many quotes from The Bible forbiding homosexuality, Leviticus 18:22 "'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman"is one.
But a new interpretation of Leviticus gaining acceptance is...........................

When a woman asks questions about her appearance..... like the classic "Does this make my ass look fat?" ...... it is okay to lie to her. In fact, it is polite, civilized, expected, the all-around right thing to do.

However, it is not okay to lie with a man this way. NO excuses. You have to tell him the truth. He's a man; he can take it. 8)

That's it. That's all. Nothing to do with homosexuality. :lol:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobh » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:39 am

GG what a rant. Get in tiuch with real life girl. It's not normal, don't personalise. Don't pass on your guilty hang ups. You said early doors you were not going to contribute ..................and then start a rant . It 's wrong girl. You and your PC brigade at it again. Get back to Scotland and get a grip.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bobh » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:04 am

[quote="Govangirl"]Well to take a leaf out of your book Bobh, I'm bowing out of this thread. There is no way I can engage with such ignorance.

Honest to god woman, you really do take the biscuit
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs