Royal Wedding

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Royal Wedding

Postby Tom B » Sun May 01, 2011 7:55 am

Ags wrote:We had a lovely day with friends.....any excuse as they say! :D
How lovely to have some nice news for a change. I am just sick of hearing everybody moan about the wedding and all it is costing the tax payer, was it really that much to us as individuals?
The bride was stunning, the groom looked very handsome and the guests gave us plenty to chat about. The Aston martin was also a brilliant touch.
Well done to everybody who made the most of a joyous occasion and had some fun :D

Well said Ags! - enjoyed watching it too - brilliant colours in the pictures. Can't face any of the Sunday papers today though (having just seen the paper reviews on BBC) - got to draw the line somewhere!
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Royal Wedding

Postby numberplease » Sun May 01, 2011 4:23 pm

I agree Ags. I read somewhere that we, the taxpayers, were paying for the security, the Royals were paying for the wedding itself, don`t know if that`s true or not. We all really enjoyed watching everything, even my miseryguts hubby! :lol:
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Current Affairs