Julian Assange

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Julian Assange

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Admittedly, he looks creepy those pics in the paddy wagon, a bit of a maverick, with major celebrities falling over themselves to defend, putting up hard cash. I found the whole legal proceedings rather strange, What is the court all about, demanding Two Hundred Thousand pounds in cash ? imagine asking anyone, to transport such a large sum of money, that sounds the wishes of a gangster, rather than the arm of British justice. .
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Julian Assange

Postby bill » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Coming from you Eons,should that not read "English justice"? :roll:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kevin Mc » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:48 pm

I'm very bored of hearing about him. I know I shouldn't be, but the Ashes is starting to look interesting in comparison :D
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bitter End » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:03 pm

naething a good hingin widna cure !
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:10 am

bill wrote:Coming from you Eons,should that not read "English justice"? :roll:

Not quite sure of the difference Wills, I thought that the extradition proceedings, as having an International aspect to it, then it would be British. Would it have made any difference, if it was held in Scotland ?

Kevin Mc wrote:I'm very bored of hearing about him. I know I shouldn't be, but the Ashes is starting to look interesting in comparison :D

Bored, tut tut young man, sitting there in front of the computer, when the fire needs cleaned. :wink:

Bitter End wrote:naething a good hingin widna cure !

Hingin oot the windae, or hingin oot the washin ?
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr Plod » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:20 am

The guy is a complete "Strange Ranger". He's obviously very intelligent but he's a bit detached and that's a worrying sign that he might not be the "full shilling".

I'm pretty certain the charges are politically motivated but he's holding a smoking gun at the head of virtually every western government so what did he expect.

The revelations have been, well, not much of a revelation. What upset me about the whole thing was that it made that slack-jawed ne'er do well Gordon Brown look good. It also revealed the true nature of American hostility towards and complete derision of Muslim countries. This will have filled the Jihadhi ranks with new recruits for our boys in Afghanistan to deal with and that is not good.

Asange should have realised that this leak was too dangerous to be released into the wild. He should have co-operated with the authorities and returned it all. A lot of people are now going to die because of the ill thought out comments in private conversations between US diplomatic service personnel being leaked to the press. Plain Irresponsible. I would be worried if I was him, because our US allies are not averse to abducting people they don't like and taking them to Guantanamo Bay for a chat.
Eagles may soar............but Weasels never get sucked into jet engines
Mr Plod
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Current Affairs