ART

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

ART

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Jack Veterano - Are critics way off the mark ? some of the criticism appears valid. However even the most avid Guardian reader would admit - that the Sun Newspaper is popular ( wither it's a newspaper is another matter )
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: ART

Postby Mr Plod » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:08 pm

What are the critics saying about Jack Vettrianno? Must have missed this. I quite like his stuff. has a bit of atmosphere about it and is good commercial art too.
Eagles may soar............but Weasels never get sucked into jet engines
Mr Plod
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby ionnsaigh » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:16 am

Essentially they are saying his work is shite. To be honest, I don't mind looking at his work.... perhaps the critics belong to a class of snobs - or a class that can identify kitsch - and all it's ghastly manifestations ? ... they may be a jealous bunch of middle class arty farty liberal types :roll: I can recall similiar criticism of Salvador Dali... it went a wee bit further suggesting that masturbation influenced the work... :lol:
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:16 am

I have an oil painting, part of the face of Miles Davis... The work was taken from the cover, of List magazine, about 25yrs ago. It would be interesting to hear, what others have, in the way of art - or what they think is, art.. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:30 am

How about a Kenyan batik - depicting Five Giraffes - a Tree and a round Orange Sun - embroidered with Gold thread.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:31 am

A set of four flying Geese - diminishing into the distance - or is it only one Goose ?
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs