William Hague

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

William Hague

Postby ionnsaigh » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:46 am

So the Foreign Secretary decides to employ ( with our money ) not one, but three special advisers, at a total cost of ninety thousands pounds Sterling - per year. Here's me thinking - that we live in times of financial constraint - a constraint that will see thousands of workers laid off - one that will cut public services, the N.H.S. and the police force to the bone.
Yet here we have a Conservative cabinet minister, spending like there is no tomorrow. Fair enough, I suppose being a special adviser carries with it, some degree of responsibility ( serving the country )
However try applying for a thirty thousand a year job with the local authority ( without any previous experience ) How far would you get ? Yet when it comes to our Foreign Secretary Willie Hague, it appears no such requirements are necessary.
If I successfully applied to be a teacher for example, with no previous experience, and my pal happens to be the head of the education department. Then you as member of the paying public - should expect some answers - followed swiftly by the departure of the head. I suppose he did save some expensive rent boy's wages - by sharing a room with a special prostitute .
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: William Hague

Postby ionnsaigh » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:10 am

Of course you must feel some sympathy for his long struggling legal partner Ffion ( is Ffion a real name ? ) Oor Wullie It appears - would use his wife's right to confidentiality - in order to escape the finger pointers. This isn't about Homosexuality or raging homophobia - It's about a Member of the Cabinet living a lie - a rather sad despicable creature, who would sell his own granny to remain in power. The question begs - Do we Joe Public deserve this type of cabinet, full of power hungry backstabbing careerists. They by their actions - cast a long dark shadow - that ultimately filters out the light of a true Democracy. It's about time we cut the few remaining strings.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:04 am

I have long held the belief that all Government is populated by,"back stabbing careerists".How do you know when a politician is lying?....When his mouth opens.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:46 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:This isn't about Homosexuality or raging homophobia

Clearly, it is!!!!!!!!

ionnsaigh wrote: I suppose he did save some expensive rent boy's wages - by sharing a room with a special prostitute .

I don't know why it's an issue. I would never vote for a Tory but at the end of the day, I'd like my politicians to be competent, honest and committed, I couldn't care less about their love lives and quite honestly, the obsession in the media about it is sickening.
No, the press, the public and you Ionns can harp on as much as they like about how 'it's not about homosexuality' but there are a lot of us who know that it is all about what people really think about gay sex. The recent story about the murder of the MI5 agent was exactly the same - it sold more newspapers and affected public prurience once some lurid suggestions of homosexuality and cross dressing was suggested.
Cheap, nasty gossip.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:47 am

I have no problem with peoples sexuality - what I find to be completely unacceptable is - like you - I like my politicians to be at least honest. Society is generally plagued by all forms of negative bias towards anything not deemed to be the norm, homosexuality is no different. Whereas I can understand why some people may choose to hide the facts. The fact that it is no ones business but their own is fundamentally important, however when juxtaposed with the multitude of gay people, who choose to live without the lies and deceit from loved ones, family and colleagues it becomes somewhat marginalised. Those who choose to live a life that is hidden is unhealthy - and the start of a morally slippery slope. They are liars ( for whatever reason )
As I previously stated I have always strongly supported equal rights for all in society - homosexuality is no different.
( Ask my homosexual friends on this forum )
Ducky. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:18 pm

I just wish that homosexuality could be a non- issue.
However, I don't know about your friends but I do know that it must be a terrible burden to live your life in fear and let that fear rule your life. Regardless of how we purport to accept it, I know people who, because of their fears, denied themselves of the pleasures of life which were rightfully theirs, and which they should have pursued in acceptance.
Although this wasn't the case here - it was the nasty gossip of the media, your total belief in it and your offensive remarks in your first post, Ducky.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:31 pm

God help me but finally I nearly agree with Wee C. His early comments were spot on. Why does he need 3 special advisers paid for out of the public purse and if he must have them surely getting ones who have at least a basic idea of what is required would be nice.
Sharing a room with an advisor was at least misguided if not downright stupid. Whatever the truth of his preferences and I personally couldnt care less, he must have known what the fourth estate would do with the story if they found out. This brings his judgement into question if nothing else.
As for competent, honest and committed politicians, come on, you must be living in fairyland. (No pun intended) :lol: :lol: .
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:26 pm

I wonder if his wife and partner Ffion ( is that a real name ? ) knew of her husbands partner, on the night or nights in question ? I bet she could tell a thing or two - the poor women looks extremely unhappy - particularly the footage of Wullie prancing forward - and that wee poof at his back. :wink:

Stand up for Woman's rights Ffion ( is that a real name ? ) Tell your side of the story sister.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EMDEE » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:56 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:I have no problem with peoples sexuality..............

As I previously stated I have always strongly supported equal rights for all in society - homosexuality is no different.

then:

ionnsaigh wrote:the footage of Wullie prancing forward - and that wee poof at his back.

:<> :? :?
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:26 am

A poor attempt at setting the scene - reading aloud what may have been Ffion's ( is that a real name ? ) thoughts, at the time of the footage. The term poof is controversial in today's politically correct society, however I used it to highlight the dangerous blinkered path - of banning the use of this or that word, to describe. The secret homosexual language Polari - contains many words and descriptions - that may be deemed risky in today's strict word environment. Which reminds me.

Govangirl wrote:Although this wasn't the case here - it was the nasty gossip of the media, your total belief in it and your offensive remarks in your first post, Ducky.

What offensive remarks ?

Off to wash my ecaf and ends. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs