Ian Huntley

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Ian Huntley

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:37 pm

So,he is suing the prison service for failing in their"duty of care"when he was attacked by a fellow inmate.As he is a convicted murderer it is my view that he should lose the right to any form of compensation.I will now probably receive a verbal onslaught from Ionnsaigh,but hey-ho,so what?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Ian Huntley

Postby ionnsaigh » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:30 pm

Duty of care, regardless the crime committed.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:56 pm

He deserves no care what so ever!! What about the 2 lovely wee girls he murdered!! I know what I would do with him!!!!!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:39 am

ionnsaigh wrote:Duty of care, regardless the crime committed.

In that case,"Duty of Care"should not apply to the prison environment.A prison sentence should be the harshest of environments,not some cushy holiday.It should be used as a proper punishment and deterrent.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bertie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:57 pm

Duty of care, regardless the crime committed

And did HE not have a duty of care when he was employed in a position of trust as a caretaker in the local school?

You can embroider it any way you want Ionns but he is only reaping what he sowed.
Bertie
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:47 am

Bertie wrote:
Duty of care, regardless the crime committed

And did HE not have a duty of care when he was employed in a position of trust as a caretaker in the local school?

You can embroider it any way you want Ionns but he is only reaping what he sowed.

Perhaps it's the Red Tops... So where do you draw the line ?
Lets take a hypothetical example of a Seventy Year old Grandmother, incarcerated for Three Months ( refusing to pay Poll Tax ) Do the authorities have a duty of care - or should we allow other prisoners the freedom, to slash her throat ?
At the end of the day you advocate extreme violence by convicted criminals, this amounts to anarchy. You can't have it both ways. Like it or not, the Granny and Huntley, are both under the care of the Crown.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bertie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:22 am

At the end of the day you advocate extreme violence by convicted criminals

I advocated no such thing Ionns. I simply suggested that he had attracted the attention on himself through the heinous crime he committed, unlike the riduculous hypothetical example you quoted.
Bertie
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:47 am

I also find the fact that he is hoping to gain financially from this utterly obscene.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Bertie wrote:he is only reaping what he sowed.

Bertie wrote:I simply suggested that he had attracted the attention on himself through the heinous crime he committed,

So according to your analysis - having your throat cut and attracting attention is one and the same.
His throat was slashed, what do you know about the slasher - perhaps he was equally cruel and sadistic. You advocate the law of the jungle - a lawlessness within HMPS.

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:.A prison sentence should be the harshest of environments,not some cushy holiday.It should be used as a proper punishment and deterrent.

Only the rich and famous lawbreakers - end up in relatively cushy environments. What is the use of proper punishment, when it has been proven to be a false starter, when it comes to deterrence. Deterrence can only achieved through structured learning programmes.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bertie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:22 pm

So according to your analysis - having your throat cut and attracting attention is one and the same

No, yet again Ionns, that is your interpretation on what I wrote. I said that the heinous crime he'd committed had brought the attention on himself. What actions his fellow inmates decide to take is down to them. It was Huntley's actions that placed him in his current predicament. His cellmates may not have the right to extract retribution but neither did he have the right to extinguish the lives of two you girls. Let's just leave it at that as there's little to gain from this debate and no chance of us agreeing.
Bertie
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby ionnsaigh » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:17 am

Bertie wrote:His cellmates may not have the right to extract retribution but neither did he have the right to extinguish the lives of two you girls. Let's just leave it at that as there's little to gain from this debate and no chance of us agreeing.

Agreed, no he didn't have the right to murder those innocent children, that's why he is in prison.

Bertie wrote:What actions his fellow inmates decide to take is down to them.

Fellow inmates are convicted felons, many I presume are violent individuals, they like Huntley, have severe restrictions placed on them - and no - they don't have any right to inflict punishment, that's societies task.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby petewick » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:52 pm

He is applying for financial compensation, which according to the
laws of this country, is his right to do so.
Who makes the laws of the country? Politicians.
Who elects politicians? We do, the voting public. So that's it.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs