Obama and BP

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Obama and BP

Postby Govangirl » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:41 pm

I understand fully that this is a terrible environmental disaster but leaving aside what I feel about Obama linking a British identity to the global, multinational BP and also his ridiculous idea of pressuring them to suspend dividend payments (To me, British or American, they’re all money-grabbing, corporate hooligans) I still think comparing it today to the 9/11 terrorist attacks where nearly 3000 people died is just insane. How can you compare an environmental accident to a premeditated terrorist attack ? Has this man any sense of reality?
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Obama and BP

Postby Bitter End » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:32 pm

little ! but he is efter bein a politician , an survival is a hell o a thing in thet business an in thet country .Jist watch him whin the ' strings ' stert gittin aright guid joogle , an ye'l be minded o Sandy Shaw an the Eurovision ! Ah'm still wunderin hoo much BP payed to Whom fur the priviledge o drillin ther. An then they had tae subcontract oot the wurk fur they couldna dae it thimselves So wher dis the blame lie ? Who wantit the ile in the first place ? Whin yer wurkin at the edge o technology its a scary thing -jist ask NASA . An governments are ' niver ' wrang so --------
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs