Christopher " Dudus " Coke

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Christopher " Dudus " Coke

Postby ionnsaigh » Wed May 26, 2010 10:24 am

Jamaican security forces dropped hand grenades from helicopters ( nice one boys ) on innocent residents of Kingston's Tivoli Gardens district. Up to 200 people have been detained by the authorities, at least 31 people have died during what has described as an anti-drug offensive. The whereabouts of Dudus remains unknown.

The USA want to extradite him for drug trafficking, seems like Jamaica is more than willing to do there bidding.
What I found interesting is, that this nasty drug runner gangster, has considerable support amongst the poor, a modern day Robin Hood type of character. Dudus your my type of guy. :wink:
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Christopher " Dudus " Coke

Postby Sweltered » Wed May 26, 2010 5:31 pm

44 dead so far, a real hero right enough.....
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Thu May 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Sweltered wrote:44 dead so far, a real hero right enough.....

I think that that number is by this time - out of date. Yes there seems to have been casualties on both sides.
It would seem however that our Mr Coke ( how appropriate ) and his many supporters - carry some political clout. In as far as they support the existing status quo - or they did up to last week when the tanks rolled in - and the sky's opened - by the indiscriminate bombing of the neighbourhood - how many deaths and injuries would you attribute - to that act of barbarity ? So why would a criminal drug lord - be so popular amongst the law abiding residents - why ?
I personally hate gangsterism and all that it stands for - however to put the whole thing down as such - merely distracts from the real issues - the glaring inequalities of that society.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sweltered » Fri May 28, 2010 8:39 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:
Sweltered wrote:44 dead so far, a real hero right enough.....

I think that that number is by this time - out of date. Yes there seems to have been casualties on both sides.
It would seem however that our Mr Coke ( how appropriate ) and his many supporters - carry some political clout. In as far as they support the existing status quo - or they did up to last week when the tanks rolled in - and the sky's opened - by the indiscriminate bombing of the neighbourhood - how many deaths and injuries would you attribute - to that act of barbarity ? So why would a criminal drug lord - be so popular amongst the law abiding residents - why ?
I personally hate gangsterism and all that it stands for - however to put the whole thing down as such - merely distracts from the real issues - the glaring inequalities of that society.

I can't believe you asked that question "Why would a criminal drug lord be so popular amongst the law abiding residents". Because the chances are, they aren't very law abiding themselves
Because he sells them their drugs.
Because he they are scared of him

You really take the biscuit sometimes. As usual, nobody needs to take responsibility for their actions, it's all society's fault.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Sat May 29, 2010 1:50 pm

Sweltered wrote:You really take the biscuit sometimes. As usual, nobody needs to take responsibility for their actions, it's all society's fault.

I think it would be fair to say that the animals within the zoo, have no real control, over the conditions at the zoo.
Where you have an unequal distribution of wealth, you will have antagonistic conditions, that lead to a general breakdown of order. Put to many animals in the one cage - or reduce the existing food supply, as both represent wealth distribution, be it less space or food. As a fellow animal - man is no different - then it would be erroneous to suggest that it was down to the individual responsibility - whilst ignoring the pivotal role - of the conditions of that society. Conditions that go to shape and inform behaviour. Too many rats in a cage will start to eat one another, yet given enough room and food, they will live together quite happily.
You dirty rat. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs