People

Welcome to the House of Fun- try our puzzles, questions and heid burstin teasers! Please add yours!

Re: People

Postby bill » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:43 pm

Malky wrote:Funny thing, I was doing a backup yesterday and noticed from the stats that there is more people visiting the forum than ever before but bandwidth has gone done. Need to think how that can be :?

Malky

So what does that mean Malky?

Is it the same old story of members logging on to read but not posting?If it is, surely that reinforces the point that the excuses made in the past about the majority being frightened(to post) by the minority is once again proven to be inaccurate.

Malky wrote:
The forum is the forum Govangirl - room for everyone.

Maybe it is time then Malky to let that be known.

No doubt your thinking"here we go again,same old same old",but for all I know you might be thinking along the same lines as me.

Malky wrote: There are plenty of "Major's" about - they only post when there is controversy, stirring the pot to keep things moving - not a bad thing sometimes :wink:

Malky
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Go back to my original post.Now edited so that it is politically correct. :wink:
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Travellers

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Govangirl wrote:
Bobbie En Tejas wrote:Btw, as the past has come up.. I might remind everyone that the regular posters got along pretty well and were pretty respectful of each other. That was Forum season 3. Not sure about this season 4,

Have looked over old posts and find your rose-coloured view quite different from mine Bobbie but hey, if you want your forum back......... just say it in plain English. :!:

Actually, Govan, I would love to have the comradery back.. it was a very good thing. But it was never "my" forum. It was "our" forum and we had a good time. If I have rose colored glasses about it now, then I had them then also, as did most of the people who were regular posters who could give and take. I think maybe the difference was, for the most part we weren't so quick to take offense by our friends.. and we were friends. Maybe Season 4 will develop into that, but hasn't yet.

As for you personally, Govan, I enjoy reading your posts, even if I don't always agree with them, because you put thought into them.

(except for that last one) :mrgreen:
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:18 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Go back to my original post.Now edited so that it is politically correct. :wink:

Perhaps, but the joke isn't funny now. All you needed to edit was the title and that would have been enough.

bill wrote:Is it the same old story of members logging on to read but not posting?If it is, surely that reinforces the point that the excuses made in the past about the majority being frightened(to post) by the minority is once again proven to be inaccurate.

No, I don't think so as it's the people reading (and thus downloading to their computers) that uses the bandwidth. It seems to coincide with the installation of the new forum software so it may just be that phpbb3 is more efficient than the old version.

bill wrote:No doubt your thinking"here we go again,same old same old"...

Not at all Bill. :) It would be good if members posted more but I can't really say much as I don't post very often either :wink:

Bobbie En Tejas wrote:As for you personally, Govan, I enjoy reading your posts, even if I don't always agree with them, because you put thought into them.

I always like your one liners Bobbie :lol:
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:28 pm

Malky wrote:
Bobbie En Tejas wrote:

I always like your one liners Bobbie :lol:

I have to say, it did make me laugh out loud!!!! Very clever. I guess we can sometimes get a bit too sensitive as I'm always mindful of being a newcomer and there are regular posters who obviousy all know each other very well. I don't mean that it's cliquey or anything, just that there are definitely boundaries for some and not for others if that makes sense.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:13 pm

Govan, I think by 679 posts you can pretty much consider yourself a regular poster...

People forget that if something is said that bothers them that much, they can respond, but they also have the privilege of not bothering with that thread again. No one is compelled to read every thread or agree with it. People have a right to their opinion, and conversation is the art of discussing those opinions.

As for Mo, his spelling, and his response to the joke, I'm thinking he is a politically correct American, but saying that could be even more offensive than the joke :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:23 pm

I did not expect 4 pages of posts from one joke.I may have been controversial,but it certainly fired everyone up!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:37 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:I did not expect 4 pages of posts from one joke....

Well, let that be a lesson to you :mrgreen:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:44 pm

hahaha ! now THAT's funny!
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:28 pm

Where is Mo*?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: slurry spreding

Postby Dr Doob » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:35 pm

You know, you come on here as a newbie, and when your "a bit shy" or "Getting Braver", There is a false perception, about the Blue Line, People please dont fear it be far more curious about clicking on the username, go to their profile and click see all user posts, and even if theres a 160 odd pages of posts, go to the last one and read back, this forum is a mine of facts and information, Here watch.
Lochened (dont worry roger baby i'm going to deal with you), this is a topic that concerns people who live in Kintyre, I see your only connection here is that you came on holiday once or twice and every now & then you look at the webcam. You sir, DONT live here, you stay near Liverpool and your input is no longer required on this thread, keep it shut and south of the Border, before this your 37 previous posts were in the 5 words or less section, where 80% of your posts are, maybe you should just stay in "The House of Fun".
See nothing to be frightened off (dont worry roger baby, im going to deal with you), judging from the amount of views this thread has had, and from reading through the archive, there are a lot of "Local People" browsing this thread because it concerns THEM, and seeing the abuse and ignorance people have been subjected to, don't sign in or up to contribute to a debate on a highly intersting local subject.
RALSTONROY, (dont worry roger baby its coming), If i ever find out who you are, I am going to grab you by the face and Kiss you right on the lips, you sir are brilliant, thank you for pointing me in this direction the fear factor is gone, thats it people click on the username hyperlink.

Roger, you sir, and a few of the other "Thick blue lines", are the putrifying, decomposing carcass of Forum four well.
WELCOME TO FORUM 5.......THE LOCALS STRIKE BACK
(dont worry people its all there in the archive), you stay in Stoke and are a fudd and have been involved in/or caused quite a lot of hassle, (aint that right wc1) well times up, i wont go into your shocking statistics, I will make a statement then ask You just ONE question
Statement.... I havnt had a deppresion since my Fontanelle closed :roll:
From Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:07 pm
Mo* wrote:
LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Does any one know how to de-register from this forum?Please advise as I think that it is time for me to leave it.Good-bye.

It looks like you are not a man of your word either since you are still posting on here.

Question.........Why are you still here?
Dr Doob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:06 am

Arse.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Travellers

Postby ralstonroy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:35 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:
A Horse called Juan Face wrote:
LANDROVER ROGER wrote:For true definition of Gypsy and Pikey.Look on Wikipedia.

Why? Did you just update it? Only joking Roger, as were you. The PC brigade should be shot, anyway. Then let's see them complain.

That seems quite a good idea.Now where is my 12 bore? :)

Malky wrote:Hmmm, threats of violence now - you really are an unsavoury character :!:

Malky

Comment from Wed Aug 20, 2008 by Malky, who if I am correct set up the forum along with Davie.

Is slurry spreading the same as stirring the s*#t ? :oops:
ralstonroy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Dr Doob » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:36 pm

I'm up to my neck in it, any more wee bits of info I missed?
Dr Doob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:03 am

Never did understand that comment by Malky.He/she should have seen by the smiley emoticon that I was joking.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to House of fun