A true story ?

Welcome to the House of Fun- try our puzzles, questions and heid burstin teasers! Please add yours!

A true story ?

Postby Martin » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Draw your own conclusions.

During WW2 mum was on a bus and a serviceman got on and sat beside her. His arms were loaded with parcels and he asked mum if she would reach into his pocket, extract some money and pay his fare. Mum did this and a few stops later the bloke got off the bus and a while later mum noticed he’d left one of his packages behind.
At this point in the story I asked, “So” ?”
“Well, I took it home”
“Did you open it ?”
“Yes”
“Well, what was in it ?”
“Bullsh*t like I’m giving you”.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: A true story ?

Postby gray_marian » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:09 pm

:lol:
gray_marian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby gray_marian » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:15 pm

This reminds me of a story my mum told me when she was 5years old at the beginning of the last war......Her next door neighbour Gerald 6 yrs, [thrill seeker and budding entrepreneur] and his sister were charging all the little girls in the back garden 1d for a surprise!.... One by one they formed an orderly queue outside the makeshift air raid shelter. Some came out smiling others screaming, my mum being older ordered her 4 year old sister to the back of the line.

In she went and got two surprises! She had to put her hand in his pocket, 1st surprise, there was a hole in it....
2nd surprise, he was commando, mum had six brothers and had seen it all before, feeling cheated she slapped him and on the way out demanded her penny back!

Years later her sister admitted she always felt deprived of an opportunity lost with the bold Gerald.
gray_marian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Martin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:11 pm

That's wonderful, made me laugh.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Martin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:25 pm

It would seem that air raid shelters have a lot to answer for. At RAF Debden, I must have been four, getting on for five and knew a girl of the same age. We’d gone behind a shelter and had got a bit inquisitive with each other. There’s me, underpants around my knees, waiting for her to keep her side of the bargain and just as she was about to show all a sodding RAF police dog handler came out of nowhere with his beast. It took me a long time to forgive that man.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to House of fun