Craigard Nonsense

Welcome to the House of Fun- try our puzzles, questions and heid burstin teasers! Please add yours!

Re: Craigard

Postby jdcarra » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:01 pm

I would suggest that good posts are ruined by crap and snide remarks,jokingly or not and that has seen a drop in some members now posting.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Craigard Nonsense

Postby Mod8 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:59 pm

Split out the thread. Not too often a 4-year old thread causes grief.
Mod8
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Re:

Postby gizmo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Swanseajock wrote:
Iain wrote:
ionnsaigh wrote:My Father and Mother where stationed in Campbeltown 1940-1942. LTN Commander M Donoghue ( special forces ) M.C. V.C. DCO First Class. I was the first baby born on that April day in 1942. My father was killed in action with the loss of HMS Clyde ( Submarine) in the North Atlantic on that very day.
The last baby born at graigard -was a boy- named M Donoghue whose Father a traveller from Dalintobber County Sligo. He was killed on the same day, he died of a racist attack in Greenock Prison -opposite the site where HMS Clyde was built.

:shock:

Wow !

ionnsaigh, I am sure I am too late posting this, but I will anyway. As an ex-serviceman I hate Walts! Those are folk in the Walter Mitty calss who dream all sort of things. There are no M Donoghue recorded as MC or VC winners. The submarine HMS Clyde was decommisioned in 1946. Take your inane and insaen ramblings elsewhere please. You shame the memory of veterans from the Republic who served with valour and distinction during the World Wars.
And gizmo, how many Japanese frogmen were swimming about the West Coast of Scotland during the war? Never mind any time?

The fact that Wee Cs dad was special forces and some of his activities are still covered by the 100 year rule might explain why his decorations were not recorded.
Japanese frogmen were reported to be living on Davaar Island, 2 caves past the painting. They were never found as no-one goes round that far. Rumour has it they lived on over-quota fish dumped by boats coming into the quay.
Just because you dont see something, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. If you dont believe me ask Cookie. :wink:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Mod8 wrote:Split out the thread. Not too often a 4-year old thread causes grief.

You should have moved it to the House of Fun thread while you were at it.

Local History and Discussion thread used to be "what it said on the tin".In the last few months there have been threads that should have been posted elsewhere.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby KF Administrator » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:33 pm

bill wrote:
Mod8 wrote:Split out the thread. Not too often a 4-year old thread causes grief.

You should have moved it to the House of Fun thread while you were at it.

Good suggestion

bill wrote:Local History and Discussion thread used to be "what it said on the tin".In the last few months there have been threads that should have been posted elsewhere.

Bill (and anyone else for that matter), you can help in this respect by reporting any post or threads by clicking on the yellow exclamation mark in the post and reporting this to the moderators. Sometimes easy for the mods to miss posts that should be elsewhere.
KF Administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to House of fun