The Phone Call

Welcome to the House of Fun- try our puzzles, questions and heid burstin teasers! Please add yours!

The Phone Call

Postby Lachlan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:06 pm

A theological architectural student is visiting different churches in various parts of the world to study their styles and history. He goes to Rome and visits the Basilica di San Clemente and spends the day taking photos and sketching. While walking round the interior, he sees a timber booth with a sign “Phone God direct for only 5,000 Euros ! ”. He stops a priest and asks “Father, is that really true ? People can talk to God direct for 5,000 Euros ?” The priest says “Yes my son, it’s true !”

Next, he’s off to New York to see St Patrick’s Cathedral. During the visit, what does he see in a corner of the church ? Another booth with a sign “Phone God direct for only $ 7,500 ! ”. Again, a priest confirms it’s true. Then off to Asia to see Manila Cathedral – same thing again “Phone God direct for only 500,000 Piso ! ”.

Lastly, he visits Kintyre, the air is clean and fresh, the sun is shining and the sea is sparkling. He visits St. Kieran's Church, Campbeltown and is walking around with his camera when he sees a booth “Phone God direct – only £2.50 ”. He stops the minister and says “Excuse me, but I’ve seen these all over the world and it costs thousands of dollars to phone God, but you’re doing it for only £2.50, how come ?” The minister looks at him and smiles “It’s a local call !” :D
Lachlan
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: The Phone Call

Postby Mzz pasico » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:49 pm

:lol: :lol:
Mzz pasico
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to House of fun