What do do if the weather is miserable

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

What do do if the weather is miserable

Postby hoots the scoop » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:42 pm

With the prospect of the ferry next year what attractions would you say to locals and visitors alike to visit if the weather is miserable? :?
hoots the scoop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby kintyre 84 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:26 pm

Thats a hard one! A wee cuppa tea and a scone in gallery 10 perhaps, a browse about Woolies... Perhaps someone with an enterprising mind could start an open top bus tour... :wink:
kintyre 84
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby GarySutherland » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:02 pm

A little bit of water ne'er did anyone no harm, as my grandmother used to say, and it's true.

While this side of the country may be wetter than elsewhere the temperature is usually quite mild, by comparison.

So, my advice would be to pull on the old Kagoul and get out there and enjoy the scenery!

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ross » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:11 am

Go for a surf, your already wet anyway so you might as well enjoy yourself :lol:
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Reidiboy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:35 am

Participate in a pub crawl!! :lol:
I am not completely useless............................... I can be used as a bad example!
Reidiboy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby petewick » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:56 pm

kintyre 84 wrote:Thats a hard one! A wee cuppa tea and a scone in gallery 10 perhaps, a browse about Woolies... Perhaps someone with an enterprising mind could start an open top bus tour... :wink:

I recommended this months ago, West Coast Motors have one in Oban, it is really good.

Petewick
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mr E Mann » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:17 pm

The Duke O' Ralston could always open the doors of his Stately Home to the public and offer guided tours. After the tour, he could serve up Pimms and Cucumber Sandwiches on his lawn and if it was wet, he could set up his marquee, thus ensuring his sandwiches wouldn't get all soggy.
Mr E Mann
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby bubbly jock » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:50 pm

Mr E. Mann

The poor old chooky. He can't stick his nose above the parapet but someone is trying to drum him down.

Anyway his grass is too long to sit a marquee on and his mower appears to be out of order, either that or the better half is knackered.

His lordship does not have the time for menial tasks anyway because his time is spent between the "wee Bann" and the CTA.

Sticking to the post, Buy as many newspapers as you can afford and sit and look out the window.

You'll always know when it is summer in Campbeltown, the rain is warm

bubbly
Last edited by bubbly jock on Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubbly jock

Postby Mr E Mann » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:47 pm

Aye, and I'm sure Carol must be delighted to be known as The Duchess o' Ralston. Sounds more like the name of a Prizewinning Heifer fae The Rhoin or The Dhurrie.

Maybe you should have a rethink aboot this title you've acquired Dukester. I hear the moniker "Viceroy of Macharioch" is up for grabs and based on your qualifying criteria, you would be eligible for this as you've been there on a Sunday School Picnic in years gone by.

As far as the "Main" topic goes - why not open an umbrella and wellie boot shop at the top of the pier and attract the coach parties that come into town every wet Wednesday ?
Mr E Mann
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Admin3 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:16 pm

Someone tries to create a decent discussion and goes well of the topic - although some if funny! :lol:

Me thinks E Mann sounds a bit like Bubbly - perhaps a relation even! :shock:
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

e mann

Postby bubbly jock » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:37 pm

No way mann, I don't know who the E Mann is. I've got plenty undesirable relatives of my own so don't be adding any more.

Just a small observation for E Mann If you want to make personal remarks go onto the sports threads. Insults are classed as light hearted banter on there.

Sorry can't think of anything to do in Campbeltown if the weather is not good.

I'm away over to the dale thread.

bubbly
bubbly jock

Re: e mann

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:49 pm

So back to the original posting again!

I would suggest, if the weather is miserable, they go along to the soon to be opened Internet Cafe and post a few bits and bobs on here! :wink:
Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

doh

Postby bubbly jock » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:38 pm

What did I say mann ???????????????????????

bubbly
bubbly jock

Postby Duke o' Ralston » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:44 pm

Mr E Mann wrote:The Duke O' Ralston could always open the doors of his Stately Home to the public and offer guided tours. After the tour, he could serve up Pimms and Cucumber Sandwiches on his lawn and if it was wet, he could set up his marquee, thus ensuring his sandwiches wouldn't get all soggy.

Now that was funny, utterly hilarious!! Possibly the funniest posting I've read since old Isa McGlumpher posted a request for a website where she could procure a pattern for knitting her own colostomy bag!

Sheer comedy genius from the guy who probably believes his user name is a side splitting play on words.

Well done Mystery Moose
I thank yow
Duke o' Ralston
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Duke o' Ralston » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:05 am

bubbly jock wrote:Mr E. Mann

The poor old chooky. He can't stick his nose above the parapet but someone is trying to drum him down.

Anyway his grass is too long to sit a marquee on and his mower appears to be out of order, either that or the better half is knackered.

His lordship does not have the time for menial tasks anyway because his time is spent between the "wee Bann" and the CTA.

Point 1 - Hard to type through tears of laughter at this gem :roll:

Point 2 - Grass is as short as my hair, must be the wrong estate yer stalkin, yer startin tae scare me noo!! :shock:

Point 3 - Maybe it's time you got a past time, ye've obviously too much spare time on yer hands Dribbly :wink:
I thank yow
Duke o' Ralston
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to General Chit Chat