Drinking your own urine - good or bad?

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Drinking your own urine - good or bad?

Postby Malky » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:25 pm

I've read that holy men in India drink their own urine for breakfast and that this has been going on for thousands of years. It's supposed to cure and prevent some diseases and be generally good for. Well that's what it says here. :o :o :D

Now, I've never samplied mine or ever even been tempted to do so, but I was curious if there is anybody out there who actually practices this questionable pastime?

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:18 pm

Some of the replies on this should be interesting :lol:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

/

Postby Neil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:29 pm

//////////////////////////
Last edited by Neil on Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jaywalker » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:03 pm

was wondering how long it would be before someone would go for the "taking the piss" joke... although I didnt think it would be as long as 2 hours... but I did have a sneaking suspicion it would be that English whatsit that would do it..... :roll:
jaywalker
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Neil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:15 pm

////////////////////////////
Last edited by Neil on Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby John O'Groats » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:33 pm

I wonder if they prefer the gold or the white tequla
When ye be tired and weary, sit on yer ar** and post on Davie Ps' Board
John O'Groats
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby petewick » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:56 pm

Are there any benefits of drinking someone else's urine?
Are you allowed to add mixers?
Petewick :shock:
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Hello, Dr. Snoddy

Postby dgraves » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:21 pm

If you click on Malky's 'here' button, Petewick, it looks like devotees mix it with juice, etc.
I couldn't imagine drinking waste product, but to each his/her own!!
This seems to be a holistic or Eastern medicine practice, but what do I know?

Dr. Snoddy, what's your opinion?
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Hello, Dr. Snoddy

Postby Snoddy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:18 pm

dgraves wrote:If you click on Malky's 'here' button, Petewick, it looks like devotees mix it with juice, etc.

Dear Dorian,

Believe you me, there are poor souls in this village, indeed all the surrounding villages, that consume amber coloured liquids that are much more volatile and harmful than urine. Even although some of the said liquids look, taste and smell like urine, they aren't products of the kidneys, and are certainly not marketed so. It is true to say however, that they will very quickly be converted to the renal fluid and expelled from the bladder under a relatively high pressure.

If you have ever had the dubious pleasure of having the urine forceably extracted from you, by catheter or otherwise, you have probably had some sort of ailment within your internal irrigation system.

However, it is a little known fact that urine from a healthy bladder and urethra should be perfectly sterile. Although water is the main constituent of urine, depending on its strength, it may contain high levels of salts and minerals, which the kidneys have already filtered out. I personally doubt whether sending them back for further re-processing will benefit the recipient, unless they are already deficient in the aforementioned salts and minerals.

It is the age old story, a balanced diet with plenty of pure water is my best advice, so avoid taking the urine from the all too willing donor, unless your throat or ear is on fire!
Dr Snod Esq.

Two spoonfulls of Halibut-Liver Oil, Morning & Evening. You know the surgery hours, so don't bother me at any other time. I most certainly don't get paid enough.

Any resemblance to Snoddy's past and present are purely coincidental!
Snoddy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:30 pm

Snoddy wrote:
dgraves wrote:If you click on Malky's 'here' button, Petewick, it looks like devotees mix it with juice, etc.

Dear Dorian,

Believe you me, there are poor souls in this village, indeed all the surrounding villages, that consume amber coloured liquids that are much more volatile and harmful than urine. Even although some of the said liquids look, taste and smell like urine, they aren't products of the kidneys, and are certainly not marketed so. It is true to say however, that they will very quickly be converted to the renal fluid and expelled from the bladder under a relatively high pressure.

If you have ever had the dubious pleasure of having the urine forceably extracted from you, by catheter or otherwise, you have probably had some sort of ailment within your internal irrigation system.

However, it is a little known fact that urine from a healthy bladder and urethra should be perfectly sterile. Although water is the main constituent of urine, depending on its strength, it may contain high levels of salts and minerals, which the kidneys have already filtered out. I personally doubt whether sending them back for further re-processing will benefit the recipient, unless they are already deficient in the aforementioned salts and minerals.

It is the age old story, a balanced diet with plenty of pure water is my best advice, so avoid taking the urine from the all too willing donor, unless your throat or ear is on fire!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can see a new Sunday evening drama series starting soon starring our very own Dr Snoddy!

:-)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bochan Mor » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:15 pm

Davie P wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can see a new Sunday evening drama series starting soon starring our very own Dr Snoddy!

:-)

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I'm sure Sanyanya used to down the Crubhan spitoon on a regular basis, and god knows what was in there.

Snoddy needs to keep an open mind on these things. Having read the article bookmarked by Malky, it could well be that pusssh is a miracle cure-all. There wasn't many diseases that it wouldn't rid you of.

Its maybe got something to do with this inner-strength that you hear folk blethering about.

It even mentions that it can be used to clean out the bowel. I would say that after the resultant 'Soople-Sitdoon' you'd be needing some more to clean out the bowl!

Anyway, you know what they say: 'One man's meat is another man's poison,' so I'll just be sticking to the chrome plated tap, despite this heavily calcified water that were being slowly poisoned with.....
Bochan Mor (Son of Bochan Morar)

Copyright: Bochan Mor & less of his Cohorts at the Monument
Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Nancie » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:03 pm

There was a man on 'The Weakest Link' the other day who drank a glass of urine every day. He said it had cured him of going bald.

Nancie :?
Nancie
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby GarySutherland » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:21 am

Nancie wrote:He said it had cured him of going bald.

Apparently it didn't do much for the freshness of his breath though....

Gary :)
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Nancie » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:32 pm

Or his looks

Nancie :wink:
Nancie
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Neco » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:37 pm

I have seen some of the locals drinking it. Its called Bud.
Neco
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to General Chit Chat