Carradale

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Re: Carradale

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:38 am

Land Rover has 2.7 V6 diesel.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bitter End » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Roger ma sowel , Ah'm thinkin thet Morenish wis referrin tae the enchine o the Crann Tara.
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:37 pm

Sorry.Minor attempt at humour. :D
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bochan Mor » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:25 am

A whan eighty Kelvin!
Bochan Mor (Son of Bochan Morar)

Copyright: Bochan Mor & less of his Cohorts at the Monument
Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:22 am

Is that a Perkins or B.M.C?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby morenish » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:25 pm

sorry LRR the enchine we are referring to was a straight seex, no a Vee seex, I have no doubt the 2.7 is a fine enchine but a kelvin will still be going when when Landrovers become electric, aye and maybe on the original tank of fuel.

that rocket my indeed have been aimed a point north o you Bochan but maybe no enough to allow for the wind?
maybe that gentleman's diet has saved his life?

I have been searching the archives, and can't for the life of me think why an SY registered boat would be allowed to sink near Scalpay??
I also hear there was a bad Oman on the mexican dave?
and that you were seen, down by the head, in the vicinity of the Cruban, ach maybe it was just a virtual rumour, a mere flickr of the imagination?

whats this I hear about the CHUGGERS being wound up?
who would do such a thing?
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bochan Mor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:16 am

Ach Morenish, you know they say a week is a long time in politics. They're telling me that Henry Kissinger has been exhumed to negotiate the decommissioning of the rocket launchers at the quay and a phased withdrawl has been brokered. I think it all came to a head when a stray rocket bisected the TUGGERS leaving them in a state of disarray!

With all credability ebbing like the tide past the island at the back of the quay, the would be land-grabbers. Are now steaming off in all quadrants of the compass! The networkers are also suffering their fair share of bad luck. Apparently a previous tennant had over-wintered an old ewe in the toilets and the mituration from the beast has seeped through to the joists, bringing with it th worst sort of neglect imaginable!

Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bill » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:01 pm

morenish wrote:Carradale hordes are now hard to come by in the village, the indigenous folk are nearly outnumbered by the ignorant.

:lol: :lol:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sanyanya » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Morenish, it certainly wasn't me that wound up the CHUGGERS and as you so rightly asked, who would do such a thing? Was that them that had the civil engineers down at the quay examining the rocks below the carpark? Maybe they have finally taken a step forward and managed to progress the enhanced amenities for yachties and Bochans alike?

Hopefully the rocket launchers will remain in place long enough for some fireworks over the New Year period. It's terrible how folk jump to conclusions; just imagine the embarassment of the poor old ewe blamed for pickling the joists. As you and I both know, the coupling to the waste pipe had leaked since the Forestry had the place, thankfully only enough to allow liquid to migrate. No amount of Febreze seemed to make any difference.
Strip the Willow was a trade long before the devil turned it into a dance!

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby morenish » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:53 pm

A week Bochan!?!
things are changing daily in this part of the world!
I must say the TUGGERS seemed to have vanished like snow off a dyke (can you still use that word??) since the rocket launchers were installed, it did seem a bit extreme but there you go and there they go also (I think I've been to too many funerals) dangerous damn things though, innocent bystanders and Bochans were in grave danger.

That's an awful unkind thing to say about the old ewe locked in the toilets, she was a committee member, one of the network sheep, and if it hadn't been for a neighbour noticing her cigarette smoke gathering like a mushroom cloud above the new tin in the frosty air, the poor lamb would still be there!
that's always the trouble with empty buildings left to rack and ruin, they invite infestations of animals that can then get trapped by circumstances.
I think it very unkind you starting the rumour that it was her rotted the joists, those joists were rotten when she was a shearling and things were still in black and white.
anyway it will be easy enough sorted seein how theres a good roof above to keep the workers dry when replacing the walls, niver was a thing mair needit!

As Sanyanya says it might even have been a leak that caused the problem in the first place.

I did hear story's about construction consultations in front of the toilets right enough, but I don't think that was the Chuggers, they're all too busy hiding under their respective rocks now, I'm not sure if he was civil or not though, a terrible bad singer by all accounts, however this does seem a practical step and one that should have been taken 2-3 years ago maybe.
I also hear the Bochan wants a slip??
what on earth for??
his lady friend threw hers out years ago and was never keen on wearing them anyway!
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ticketty Boo! » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:26 am

Festive greetings to all in Trumpton.
Ye'll huv hud yer tea?
Ticketty Boo!
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bochan Mor » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Plenty of seasoned greeting when the divides run out over the festive period!

Was that Joey from the shelter that was living over in the back of the pine chalet? I heard that the SPCA had allegedly stepped in during the exploratory work at the Network, something to do with a plethora of drowned wood worm.

Are you sure of the demise of the TUGGERS and the thawing of the snow from the dyke? You will need to First Foot a handful of them at Ne'rday to see if you can get the inside track. I heard they were born again CHUGGERS, refloated under a banner that was something like frick MIRTH or RUNKLED HUSK, but that was maybe nonsense, having eminated from the paper shop. I never gave it any credence as I thought a name like that would be akin to a Mill Stone or albatross around your neck!

On a positive note and in the spirit of reconciliation, maybe the removal of the rocket launchers will represent a symbolic and sombre moment in history, a bit like the tumbling of the Berlin Wall or the shuffling of the Stepping Stones.

As for the Slip, if your hearing aid had been better you would have realised I was trying to give Mrs Bochan another kind of slip, as I planned my pilgimage to Glasgow in the new year for the football!

Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby morenish » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:02 am

drowned woodworms !
whatever next, I'm most vexed at that and I dare say so will they be, the committee I mean, there'll be no way of insuring that building now it's had a flood in it, poor wee worms, some of them wood be a fair age?

take it from me Bochan, if you heard it in the paper shop,it's gospel!
that's no word o a lie, and if they're anything like the Christians they will be more determined than ever.
man they're like dogs worryin sheep, they canna stop wance they've started.

no sure about reconciliation, these things usually end in reprisals, are you sure they're being removed or just shifted to keep the spy satellites from seeing where the shots are coming from?
if I were you I'd order more grass seed just in case.
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Right Pongal » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Morenish, you shouldn't be worrying about the woodworm, sure they ruined nearly all of Angus MacDonald's paintings!

You and the Bochan are more acquaint with this technology nonsense, could you not look up the FENDERS (Not Rhyming Slang for QUAY BENDERS) on Faceplook or one of those websites. The young f'ellas also mentioned that other thing called TWATTER or something like that. They mentioned 'HASH FAG SPLUTTER' and when I asked what it meant, they said ask Whips & Jingles!

No idea what any of this is about, and doubt I ever will. I suppose the removal of the rocket launchers will be a step in the right direction, but I can well imagine that the trot from the head of the quay to the Spoot Wood and back down will remain Bandit Country and gorilla warfare, aye gorilla spelt 'GORILLA' will continue unabated!
Don't jeest leave it at yer erse, everything has a place ....................so keep it Pongal!
Right Pongal
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby morenish » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:26 pm

I must admit there was a damn good stock of the wooden worms over there, some o them that big ye widna want tae meet them on a dark night!
the Bochans no aquaint wi technology, he uses staff for that sort of thing, aye an doubles them up for services to boating into the bargain!

as for bandit country, it is even more lawless than it was 5 years ago when at least there was enough decent, decent, law abiding citizens about to dilute the baddies, now man, it's not a place to walk on yer own and certainly no at night, ye canna see yon hand me down black jerseys until they're right beside you, and the sentry's coded challenge is usually " did ye get a paper?"
I hear they have had a spate of eating gorillas heids doon there again too, a scary place.
funny how the Bochans right at home doon there now though??
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit Chat