Carradale

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

EKCC Meeting

Postby Bochan Mor » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:20 am

Goatee ma lad, your jeest not quite tweeging the thing. Why on earth would there be a large turn out at the next Community Council meeting if there's not going to be some disruption. The council would be as well to meet behind closed doors and pass every motion through on a nod.

A bit of good natured heckling from the masses is what has always made this a good night out for the spectators. As for the newly elected elite, this is a 'eallach' that they have brought upon themselves. However, I'm quite sure that all of them are capable and articulate enough to give as good as they get.

The Bochans will be there, stirring the brochan and rummling the eggs!
Bochan Mor (Son of Bochan Morar)

Copyright: Bochan Mor & less of his Cohorts at the Monument
Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Politics

Postby Snoddy » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:33 am

I see that the local bochans are still interfering with the electoral processes in the village.

My family and I were once politically active in the area, and remember during the run up to one General Election in particular, that we had gone to great trouble to publicise our preferred party and candidate.

However, the Bochans went to even more trouble to pull all our posters down and replace them with those of the Liberal Democrats. One of them was placed so high on a lamp post outside the village hall, that the remnants of it are probably still there.

The demons even crept up to our glass fronted porch and posted the offending articles over the nice blue posters that we had strategically placed for maximum visual impact.

Damn glad to get clear of the place. Good luck to the new council.
Dr Snod Esq.

Two spoonfulls of Halibut-Liver Oil, Morning & Evening. You know the surgery hours, so don't bother me at any other time. I most certainly don't get paid enough.

Any resemblance to Snoddy's past and present are purely coincidental!
Snoddy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby GarySutherland » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:47 am

I'll take a look at the lamppost next time I'm over that side of the village and see if it's still there :D
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Malky » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:04 pm

Aye, it's a strange place Carr-a-dale :? :) :)

I reckon it's really in an alternative universe and there's a rip in the spacetime continuum somewhere after Peninver :wink: :roll:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

rip

Postby bubbly jock » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:00 pm

okay
Last edited by bubbly jock on Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubbly jock

Re: rip

Postby Malky » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:02 pm

bubbly jock wrote:Would that be two rips please and another one :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Lamp Post

Postby Sanyanya » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:14 pm

Aye the lamp post at the hall........ I remember a white bra hanging from the telegraph wire for long enough, following a Friday night jig.

I'm not sure if it rotted away, or if the council came with that 'Hy-Mac' thing that they used to change the light bulbs.

The droll thing was, someone had managed to put a round turn and a couple of half hitches into it, so it wasn't going to blow away!

Rumour had it that it belonged to one of the regular visitors who had been seen with one of the fishermen following the dance.

Another strange thing, we walked all around Kintyre as children and the only folk that we ever heard saying: ' Two fish suppers and another one please' were a handful of people from Stewarton and Bellochantuy, supposedly quoting the droll folk of Carradale. Could never quite work out who was the drollest!
Strip the Willow was a trade long before the devil turned it into a dance!

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

bra

Postby bubbly jock » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:40 pm

Hello from stewarton

Was that the sheepdog bra The one that rounded them up and pointed them in the right direction. :D :D
bubbly jock

goats

Postby mornish » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:06 pm

ehh can i ask are goats still sacrificed in the dale?
mornish
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

bra

Postby bubbly jock » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:36 pm

Sanyanya

Did your brother wear a 40D cup or just the stolen potatoes making it look that way :? :D
bubbly jock

Potatoes

Postby Sanyanya » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:20 am

No, that wasn't the potatoes, I forgot to mention the turnips. The Carradale Turnips are good. There was a Southend version grown as well, but I cann't remember which one was always full of wire worm.

All right for ma brothers bra, but hellish for eating. You wouldn't feed them to the sheep, never mind the goat!
Strip the Willow was a trade long before the devil turned it into a dance!

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Thread

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:46 pm

Well, this is by far the most popular on the thread and if anyone can understand it then please enlighten us! :roll: :lol:

Do you think the Thread Subject should be changed to Carradale rather than Facism in Carradale?

p
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby GarySutherland » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:57 pm

Yeah, either that or split it onto a new message thread.

Things are a lot quieter up here now that the EKCC thing is over.

Big ship in the bay for the last few days, BTW. It's the RFA Sir Tristram, the one that was heavily damaged during the Falklands and subsequently rebuilt.

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

bra

Postby bubbly jock » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:23 pm

Bubbly Jock, a magnificent black cock. The likes of what has not been seen for fifty years since it sat on a mound by the roadside near torrisdale long before those from the badlands (anywhere north of the dale) came as visitors who helped themselves to tatties from the post office and hung bra's from telegraph wires. Aye those were the days. :cry:
bubbly jock

Postby mornish » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:24 pm

see most of these blogs are completely carradale
no one out side of airds understands a word of them!
or really cares for that matter!
history is a good thing but only IF you acan LEARN from it
mornish
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit Chat