Carradale

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Re: Carradale

Postby Bochan Mor » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:50 am

Aye Morenish, despite the agreed decommissioning of the rocket launchers, you are obviously feeling nervous about raising your head from the trench. Hopefully Mrs Morenish's Christmas present of the camouflague jacket that she purchased from the Army and Navy Store in Byres Road in 1975 will help considerably, but taking three sides of the road on the way home definitely assisted in your efforts to out-fox the gorillas.

I'm assuming that you didn't take any furniture home from the wood-worm ridden premises on the other side of the village? They would munch their way through your log pile quicker than you could carbonise it in your furnace, not to mention turning your skirting boards to dust in the house and maybe even boring through the concrete floors in search of your hidden chest!
Bochan Mor (Son of Bochan Morar)

Copyright: Bochan Mor & less of his Cohorts at the Monument
Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Whips & Jingles » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 am

! :<>
Last edited by Whips & Jingles on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Whips & Jingles
Whips & Jingles
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Whips & Jingles » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:31 am

The Army and Navy Stores, an old favourite of mine! I was once the very proud owner of a Great Coat and boy did it see some action (Or so I am told!).

What on earth has been happening in the sleepy little village when the deployment of rocket launchers has become an every day occurrence?

Has the Antler finally shed it's horns, or have they just been cast for winter with the promise of fresh velvet come the spring?

Can somebody please enlighten me with the modern definition of a 'CHUGGER'? It had two meanings when I was younger, one involving a duff plug, faulty coil, cracked cap, split diaphram or contaminated fluids! (Absolutely nothing to do with the occupant of the reclining passenger seat)

As for this Hash Tag Splutter thingy, I don't know what you are talking about, as the only twittering in that era was from the gulls fluttering around my flowing locks. Gorilla's Heads, now there is a blast from the past. By the time Friday came, the seemed almost mouthwatering. Must have been an illusion!
Whips & Jingles
Whips & Jingles
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby morenish » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 am

aye Bochan, a good newyear to you on the 12th.
I was definitely keeping ma heid doon, when all others were loosing their's mostly to the consumption of rocket fuel, these old yins 'll drink anything at new year!
so I think the rocket launchers will be stuck at the quay for a while until mcNair can find some more and get it delivered.

W&J, a "CHUG" was originally the initials of the old Carradale Harbour Users Group, but they dropped the "U" after a couple of years when somebody eventually pointed out what a chug meant to the younger members of the village, older wiser folk thought it appropriate
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bochan Mor » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Is it safe to raise one's head above the parapet yet Morenish?

I heard the rocket launchers had been removed, but there is a rumour going around that they have been replaced by mobile scud missiles! What next?

They're telling me that a man has been appointed to look after the new bikes over the road and dispatched on a course to learn the safe way to operate a pneumatic pump and to measure up ankles for the correct size of bicycle clips. I hope they're paying the soul good money, having seen the kind of craters that take to the road on two wheels in the village. Thanks for sending round that double glazing salesman the other night. He left after a couple of hours without a sale, but by jove the house had heated up just splendid with all the hot air being expelled by the bugger. He must have thought I came up the Sound on a banana boat!
Bochan Mor (Son of Bochan Morar)

Copyright: Bochan Mor & less of his Cohorts at the Monument
Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby morenish » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:36 am

no problem Bochan, but I could have sworn I saw you on a banana boat??
..and I'm sorry to hear you never spent some of your ill gotten gain on saving the planet, I suppose you'd rather buy a ladder to get into bed.............. because of all them notes under the mattress of course.

I'm very concerned for the owner of missiles that have to be fired in the scud, is it no a bit cold for that?
is this wan o your safety rules?

ach this bike enchineer will do fine especially if he's been on a course to put a spoke in the wheel of anyone who has money to spend on cycling or re-cycling if the hirer brings the bikes back or not, if you know what I mean, I hope they vetted him well, that he is equal opportunity minded so that he can fix the buggy's as well?
and maybe good at baking in his spare time?

he could also repair the building paper in the event that it's not up to a Carradale winter?
I can only surmise that your salesman thought we were all as easy going after getting sale for tearoom windows
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jdcarra » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:42 am

Having just returned from being away all last week I see that the namely rocket launchers have disappeared :roll: .

What will happen now that Carradale Quay has lost its defence system.

Last edited by jdcarra on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ky322 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:43 am

Says enough about the state of trumpton when the talking point of the village is over a couple of bollards which enable an ageing couple to park their car outside their house. Clearly little to worry about when the bolts are hardly loused and it's getting posted on the internet
Ky322
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby jdcarra » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:22 am

Ky322 wrote:Says enough about the state of trumpton when the talking point of the village is over a couple of bollards which enable an ageing couple to park their car outside their house. Clearly little to worry about when the bolts are hardly loused and it's getting posted on the internet

In reply to your comments,its been posted on the internet ,see http://www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk/ post 16.9.12,the talk of the village and been discussed and agreed to be removed at the East Kintyre Community Council meetings.I, knowing the reason that some kind of parking arrangement was requested by the residents in question,but the feeling of many was it was OTT.

The main reason this parking system was erected was the continual parking of another quay resident in this patch. Now I am not to judge if he or she is right or wrong,the vehicles were road legal.There has been questions raised throughout why they were erected in the first place as the offender stopped parking that spot over 16 months ago.Another raised and important issue was there position and being unmarked at night could cause an accident to pedestrians or other motorists.

In my view this loophole also could open doors for others to apply for personal parking lots,do we want to see our villages and towns blighted by "rocket launchers" as they are now been christened.And one other bit you mention,the couple in question may be elderly,like a vast percentage of our village,but they are fit and able,others are less unfortunate.

And on a last note,just a few yards from all the quay residents is a large council carpark waiting for customers :roll: .

Now back to the banter and humour of this blog :) .

jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby morenish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:26 am

well everybody says it's quiet in the Dale these days..................
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jdcarra » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:33 am

morenish wrote:well everybody says it's quiet in the Dale these days..................

And that can change at anytime :lol: ............ Ps.very wet up here in the big city :(

jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:39 am

jdcarra wrote:
morenish wrote:well everybody says it's quiet in the Dale these days..................

And that can change at anytime :lol: ............ Ps.very wet up here in the big city :(

Where?Tarbert? :D
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Winter

Postby Right Pongal » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Ach well, that was winter, was it?

What a difference a month or three makes, the snow has all but melted and the air stream has finally warmed up. Hopefully the prawns will come out of their hiding places now and sacrifice themselves in front of the line of rubbers. The problem is, can Pedro afford to buy them for the continental restaurants and are there enough legal days at sea available to make it worthwhile?

I'm personally looking forward to a free hurl on one of the Saw Mill Hump buggies. I'm needing it to climb that damn hill up to the new Green Room at Ardcarrach. It's getting rave reviews, but too many years in a damp bunk have affected my knees that badly that sometimes I have been accused of being legless.

Finally the community council has managed to take the 'Horse by the Horns' and get a new slip underway at the quay. Meanwhile the CHUGGERS have also managed their first erection, but damn me, it resembles one of Gary the Goat's Poop Coups from Sally's walk. Hopefully the visiting yachtsmen pass the right kind of deposit through the slot!
Don't jeest leave it at yer erse, everything has a place ....................so keep it Pongal!
Right Pongal
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Snoddy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:27 am

Never mind all that nonsense Right Pongal, there are much more serious issues to deal with today, like the celebration of the life of the greatest woman our country has ever seen. I was going to mention the Iron Lady at this point, but the Duchess of Dalintober dealt me a right hook last night for even suggesting that Maggie was greater than her, so to avoid a matching keeker, I am revelling in she who must be obeyed and remains the most important woman in my life: Lady Snoddy, the Duchess of Dalintober....... and long live all who sail in her wake!

Turns out she was a closet Liberal after all these years, the only Labour she knew was the delivery of those undeserving sprogs and when I had mentioned voting Conservative, she had thought I was suggesting a new conservatory. As usual, she got her own way!
Dr Snod Esq.

Two spoonfulls of Halibut-Liver Oil, Morning & Evening. You know the surgery hours, so don't bother me at any other time. I most certainly don't get paid enough.

Any resemblance to Snoddy's past and present are purely coincidental!
Snoddy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby SARID » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:44 pm

After the recent problems with the electricity supply, my thoughts turned to the days before the village had electricity . I have a clear memory watching my Granny making scones and oatcakes on her girdle heated over the blackleaded grate. She had flour and oatmeal in sacks, and the oatcakes not for immediate consumption, were put into the top of the oatmeal sack and covered by a coating of oatmeal.Ever frugal, she put the empty sacks (they were made of quite a fine material) to good use and made pillowcases, and according to my Father,also made knickers for his sisters. Only snag was they often had "self Raising " written across their backsides. They are all dead now, so there's no-one to confirm or deny the story!
SARID
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit Chat