Carradale

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Carradale

Postby sonofaslant » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:28 pm

Hoot's heppenin' in Trumpton?
Found this shocker on the Carradale Goat weblog

06-03-05 Fascism in Carradale
And so the ugly face of fascism is seen in Carradale, in the run-up to the East Kintyre Community Council elections.............

More at http://www.harrowdenit.co.uk/the-goat/s ... s/06-03-05 Fascism in Carradale.txt

At least there will be no brown shirts - they'll all be buff!!
sonofaslant
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Carradale Elections

Postby Kintyre Lad » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:49 pm

Yes - I saw that too. Strange poster and as is mentioned in the blog - if you are going to put posters up put your name on it! :oops:

Good be a good one for discussion!

I personally welcome people to the area - most of whom bring business and are pro active in the community - more than can be said about alot of the locals! :wink:

One down side is house prices are soaring which makes it impossible for young people to afford. But then again excellent for the ones who own houses! :o
Kintyre Lad
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby sonofaslant » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:33 pm

Rumours and old toffee abound!

The situation in Crofterville appears to be more bizarre than ever.

Apparently the battleground for the EKCC elections is nothing to do with "locals" versus "incomers". In fact it is the indigenous population which is at war with itself - the claymores are out the thatch to settle some old and some not so old scores. Ironically, the candidates who stand to benefit the most from this are the so-called "incomers" although given the length of time that Messrs Gee and Page have been in the village surely they must be naturalised citizens by now?

The favourite conspiracy theory going around is that the poster was planted by a couple of incomers who have not been around long enough to know what is happening on the ground in a misguided attempt at boosting the chances of the perceived "incomers" by instigating a sympathy vote. There is even a rumour that the perpetrators were seen running out of the bus shelter laughing in the wee sma' oors, but I would take that with a very large pinch of salt. See Carradale? See rumours!

May the best ones win and lets just hope that we don't end up with the Carradrolian Buff Shirts marching on the Wee Toon.
sonofaslant
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby sonofaslant » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:06 pm

Apparently there are more sinister developments in the wee village regarding the EKCC elections. The ballot papers were issued today and rumour has it that one of the candidates was not included on the ballot paper. Intrestingly, this person would fall very much into the artificially created "local" camp. Even more interestingly, it is understood that he did not withdraw his own candidature, so the big question is who did?

A steward's enquiry is now underway.

More news when we have it folks!

STOP PRESS: A small platoon of bochans were this morning seen exercising in the trees by Sally's Walk. However when questioned their spokesperson denied any knowledge of misdeeds although pointedly added that this was "in spite of the fact that hunners o' bochans lived in Carradale long before the crofters forced them to head for the higher ground".
sonofaslant
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby The_Carradale_Goat » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:49 pm

The Goat can indeed confirm that candidate number nine (Lachie Paterson) was missing from the postal ballot papers issued by Argyll & Bute, and that that same organ's Deidre Forsyth has confirmed it to be a mistake and that new ballot papers will be dropping through our letterboxes real soon now.

So, that's doubled the cost of this local election due to A&Bs incompetence. Doesn't it give you a nice warm feeling when you're paying your Council Tax?

Rumour around the farm yard is that the Poster-poster is a local curmudgeon and out-going councillor however I'm not aware of any firm evidence of the fact. There have been plenty of shennanigans and back-stabbing going on in the background though.

Goatie suspects the 'Incomers put it up' rumour stems from a certain person (who shall remain nameless in the interests of not wishing to commit libel) muddying the waters against certain other candidates, although as has already been stated hardly any of the candidates could be considered as incomers after all this time.

As an incomer myself (and possible target of the 'Incomers put it up' rumour) I'm happy to say I had nothing to do with it although I'm not above a bit of mischief-making when I think it might get a laugh or two.

Cheers
The Goat
The_Carradale_Goat
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby sonofaslant » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:58 pm

Aarrgh! It's getting worse in the village as you can see below from the Goat's weblog. If I may say so Goatee, I thought that the language was a bit strong , re: lying down and dying quietly, nonetheless, if we meet any of the outgoing Councillors best stand upwind from them to be on the safe side...............

Personally I think that both theories are plausible.

Unfortunately, the vivid vision that the Goat paints of a wee-soaked curmdugeon chasing tourists and then lying down on the road to die has mentally scarred me and I don't think I'll manage my soup now.

Regarding the incomer theory, that one still works for me if you make the assumption that this had nothing to do with the candidates but was perpetrated by a couple of newbies who didn't really understand the local politics.

However, my money is still on the Bochans!

"Gossip. Well, there seems to be two rumours going about concerning the racist poster that appeared on the bus shelter and elsewhere (and has since been torn down). One theory is that it is the work of a local curmudgeon, an out-going councillor who shall remain nameless if not shameless. The other theory is that is the work of recent incomers hoping to improve the chances for non-local candidates (the sympathy vote). The latter theory holds about as much water as a collander when you consider the candidates that are standing for election as I don't think any of them are recent arrivals in the village.

The Goat tends to suspect the first theory is likely to be nearer the truth and suggests that the perpetrator of the poster lie down and die quietly instead of lingering-on whilst smelling of wee and scaring the tourists. [I'm somewhat annoyed about this as you have probably worked out.]
sonofaslant
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby The_Carradale_Goat » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:26 am

Baaaa! Just a wee bit strong then? :wink:

We'll just have to wait and see whether Argyll & Bute actually can manage to organise a ceilidh in a malt house at the end of all this kerfuffle...

The Goat
The_Carradale_Goat
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Goats

Postby Bochan Mor » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:54 pm

Hoots a this nonsense in Trumpton, Crofter turning against Crofter. It's long past time to check the lead content in the water supply.

Is this really one of the Carradale Goats? I thought us Bochans had seen them off in the mid -70s.

Does this mean the self imposed exile amongst the great unwashed in Scoraig and Airds Wood has been absolutely futile, with one of the bearded Point dwellers surviving?

Beware the Ghost Rock, the Gallach Plotach on still nights at Portrigh Bay, the Spoot Wood when your half jaked, even the scouders as they rise from their depths with the burning. Its time for the horses heads to come out the shed. The rivalry of the old clans remain as always, but remember, they once all stood together on the quay as crofter-fishermen. They offered a strong hand to each other as the boats came together, and it time that they did again!

What ever happened to Gorten Jockey & Gorten Hare? Have you even heard of them? Hopefully they are still lying peacefully amongst the Campbells & weathered stones where they drifted in at Waterfoot?

The odour of the approaching flock through the heather on the point as you made for Ginny's Cove was far from pleasant. However, talking of 'Tor Mor', maybe this fellow came 'doon fae the dam'. The old folks used to whisper of one solitary beast that lurked in the bracken. Only one man witnessed the site and smell, and legend has it he never returned to the village.

Sadly too much water has passed under Dippen Bridge, and the gentle people are mostly now lying together in peace at Brackley.

It's no longer the village that we & they all knew & loved.
Bochan Mor (Son of Bochan Morar)

Copyright: Bochan Mor & less of his Cohorts at the Monument
Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Goats

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:44 am

Bochan Mor wrote:Spoot Wood

:roll: :roll:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Bill Posters

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:11 am

Seems someone is having a dig at the poor Carradale Goat...

Perhaps we should stop posting on here or they will be about us next!

http://www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk/scr ... s/24-03-05 Bill Stickers is at it Again.txt
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby sonofaslant » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:30 pm

So! Bochan Mor returns....... If it is really you (and I have my doubts) be in no dobut that The Crofters will hunt you and your cohorts through the heather to the ends of the earth and this time they will catch you. It will be a cage at the Network Centre and a documentary on some obscure satellite channel for you lot - how the mighty will have fallen. :twisted:

As for your posting, I have chewed it over, and initially thought that it could not possilby be that the seemingly placid goat is indeed "The One" that turned dark hair snow white at the Narachan. However, I have been at the end of my tether since you planted this thought in my mind (but that is what Bochan's do is it not?) and now I'm just not sure at all.

Is the goat's cover blown or is this some misundersanding born of Bochan-induced paranoia?

Trouble is, the only one who can tell us definitively is The Goat himself and who is going to believe him now that the seeds of doubt are sown?
sonofaslant
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby The_Carradale_Goat » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:15 pm

I'm afraid I'm starting to lose the plot now... I know the Ghost Rock but much of the rest eludes me.

The Goat's identity is hardly a big secret about the village. Quite the opposite in some quarters.

Cheers
Goatie
The_Carradale_Goat
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby sonofaslant » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:04 pm

Ah well now Goatie, it's all very well us knowing your assumed identity while you walk among us mere mortals, but the big question is what's below the knees? The One at the Narachan had a perfectly fine set of pins on him except for one thing (and I'm loath to say it..) Cloven hooves :shock:

And there's no point in posting a picture of your own plates of meat - I've heard you're a bit of a demon with the digital technology stuff :wink:
sonofaslant
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Carradale

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:10 pm

I have to say I am totally lost now! :roll: :roll:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby GarySutherland » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:49 am

Welcome to the club, Davie!

Cheers